Photo Mechanic Plus > Support

Scaling or Win10 Problem?

(1/3) > >>

William R Wood:
Specs:
PM Plus Beta 3126
Win10 Pro fully updated
Thinkpad laptop computer: Intel Xeon CPU 2.80GHz, 32GB RAM, Intel Graphics (internal) and NVidia Quadro Graphics CPU for external monitor. Both the Intel and Nvidia graphics drivers are fully updated.
Laptop's built in 17" display and the external 28" Samsung monitor both run at 3840x2160 resolution.

I cannot use many of PM+ features because I cannot see the controls or the output on any of my screens. I initially thought this was a high resolution display issue but I just tested PM+ using my old HP 24" monitor that runs at a native resolution of 1920x1200 and there is no difference in what I can see except that the old monitor is no where as sharp as the 4K screens. So the problem does not appear to be caused by high resolution monitors. Don't know if it is a scaling issue or because PM+ does not work properly with Win10?

I am attaching a screen snip of my main PM+ window showing the Organize tab and my keywords. You will see that many of PM features are not visible.

1) I only see the Filter name at the left of the window - Browse and Collections are not visible so I cannot use them. My screen shot is the full height of my 28" monitor so there is no way to make the window taller.

2) As to the Filter section there is no "+" or "tool" button/icon visible so I cannot see or use most of the filter capability.

3) There is no scroll bar or any other method of scrolling my keywords so I cannot see many/most of my keywords since the keyword lists are much longer than will fit on my 28" monitor. This is extremely painful since I cannot see or use or edit many of my keywords since there is no way to scroll down the list.

4) There are supposed to be little bars on the right side of the ratings, keywords etc showing how many images contain the selected rating or keyword. I cannot see any item count bars on my screen no matter how wide I make the Organizer pane.

Hopefully there is a solution for this issue.  Thanks

Bill Wood

Kirk Baker:
Bill,

--- Quote from: William R Wood on May 14, 2019, 11:17:58 AM ---I cannot use many of PM+ features because I cannot see the controls or the output on any of my screens. I initially thought this was a high resolution display issue but I just tested PM+ using my old HP 24" monitor that runs at a native resolution of 1920x1200 and there is no difference in what I can see except that the old monitor is no where as sharp as the 4K screens. So the problem does not appear to be caused by high resolution monitors. Don't know if it is a scaling issue or because PM+ does not work properly with Win10?

I am attaching a screen snip of my main PM+ window showing the Organize tab and my keywords. You will see that many of PM features are not visible.

--- End quote ---

It is a scaling issue that will be solved prior to release.

-Kirk

William R Wood:
OK, thanks Kirk! :)

timesnaps:

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on May 14, 2019, 11:28:15 AM ---
It is a scaling issue that will be solved prior to release.

-Kirk

--- End quote ---

was about to add this "scaling" issue to the support topic, when I saw this post here.  So in addition to what has already been posted here:

On Apple Mac OS X 10.12.6 using the Beta 3 verison I can see the number of items for each entry in the Browse section, but unless I have a ridiculous amount of space between the divider and the left side of the window I need to scroll in order to see them.

Ideally the boxes with the numbers of items should be made to "stick" to the divider line (right alligned) so that when the user adjusts the divider it will move along with the divider. That way the user can easily choose how wide that space is, without the need for the scroll bars (which dont seem to appear for the OP here).

Good to hear that you guys are aware of this already - hopefully the solution will be free of scroll bars! (like in the 3rd screeenshot here)

I would even go one step further, as I often need to work on smaller screens (and then obviously need as much space as possible for the pics), and give the option to pull the divider as far to the left as the user likes. It obviously starts cutting into the items on the left eventually, but I would see that as a feature, not a issue.

After all if the user doesnt like to have it overlap, they can just adjust it accordingly. However, many users will have a very good understanding of the software and what items are there in the Browse mode, so wont necessarily need to see the whole text - I know I wont need to! (see last screeenshot with green markings)

Finally, I think there is no need for the blue bars under the numbers of the items on the right side. They are a nice indication of the amount used, but if they pose a problem or let the user have more space, then I would easily be able to do without them - just my 2 cents worth

Hayo Baan:
This looks similar to my report here: http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=12207.msg59832

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version