Author Topic: help for beginner  (Read 3144 times)

Offline gred

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
help for beginner
« on: April 07, 2007, 01:39:52 PM »
I just started using photo mech today as a trial and like what I have seen so far, but reading the help file has not answered some workflow questions.  It says that a slide show can be used to tag photos, but how do you do that?  Can you also set a color class or star rating during a slide show?

I see that I can view just selected or just tagged photos.  How can I convert all of one color or one star rating to selected or tagged to just view them?

thanks in advance for any help - gred

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: help for beginner
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 02:24:04 PM »
Gred,

I just started using photo mech today as a trial and like what I have seen so far, but reading the help file has not answered some workflow questions.  It says that a slide show can be used to tag photos, but how do you do that?  Can you also set a color class or star rating during a slide show?

You press 't' to toggle the tag, or more directly, '+' or '-' to set or clear the tag, respectively.  Note: you don't have to hold down the shift key when pressing the '=' key in order to tag the photo.

You can set the color class by pressing 0, for "none", and 1-8 for Color Classes 1 through 8.

The star ratings cannot be adjusted in the Slideshow at this time.

A more efficient way to do all of this is from the Preview window.  You have random access, and you can zoom in and out when you want to check sharpness.  Command-click on the area of detail that you want to see and it will zoom in at the current zoom factor.  (Ctrl-click on Windows)

Quote from: gred
I see that I can view just selected or just tagged photos.  How can I convert all of one color or one star rating to selected or tagged to just view them?

There are two submenus on the Edit menu that will allow you to select by Color Class or Rating.  Then if you only want to see those photos, then you can View selected from the View menu (F2).  F1 will view all again.

You can get a much more comprehensive manual here.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline gred

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: help for beginner
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 02:58:28 PM »
In these days of little customer support and phone help in other countries that barely speak English, what a surprise for such good help so promptly on the Saturday before Easter! - thanks - gred