Author Topic: Mark image as copyright  (Read 5100 times)

Offline bluesnappa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Mark image as copyright
« on: April 07, 2007, 04:24:04 PM »
PM seems a very useful tool. I am trying it at the moment before buying. I would like to be able to mark all my image files as © and was wondering is there a way? It can be done in Photoshop in the File Info ...copyright status...with three options, but I was hoping to avoid this extra step when PM allows me to fill in all the file info except this one step (as far as I can see that is). So have I missed anything or can it not be done? Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Mark image as copyright
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 04:52:14 PM »
PM seems a very useful tool. I am trying it at the moment before buying. I would like to be able to mark all my image files as © and was wondering is there a way? It can be done in Photoshop in the File Info ...copyright status...with three options, but I was hoping to avoid this extra step when PM allows me to fill in all the file info except this one step (as far as I can see that is). So have I missed anything or can it not be done? Thanks.

Put your copyright information in the IPTC Stationery Pad's "Copyright:" field.  Use the following if you want it to be automated:

© {year4}, your name or company name

Then check the checkbox next to the text field (we call that the "Apply" checkbox.)  Now you can apply this IPTC Stationery to all of your photos which will update their IPTC/XMP metadata with your copyright information.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline bluesnappa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 05:14:43 PM »
Thanks for such a quick response. I understand that Kirk.

Offline davidkl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 08:40:36 PM »
on a pc I try alt crtl and c into the copyright field in the iptc pad but don't get anything. What do I need to do?
Thanks.
David

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 08:43:49 PM »
David,

on a pc I try alt crtl and c into the copyright field in the iptc pad but don't get anything. What do I need to do?

Type Alt+0169 and the copyright symbol will appear.

You must hold down the Alt key while you type all four digits.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline davidkl

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 08:48:41 PM »
Thanks for the quick response. Now when I apply the pad to a tiff file, is the info embeedded or is there something else I need to do?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2007, 09:01:24 PM »
David,

Thanks for the quick response. Now when I apply the pad to a tiff file, is the info embeedded or is there something else I need to do?

Depending on your settings, the TIFF file will contain either IPTC or XMP, or both if you set PM to put both into your files.  There is nothing else to do.

-Kirk