Author Topic: Transfer of Edited Images  (Read 2861 times)

Offline bernphys

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Transfer of Edited Images
« on: May 17, 2019, 01:19:56 PM »
Hello,
So I’ve transferred images from PM to Lightroom and edited them.

I now want to see the edited images back in PM.

However when I export them back to the same folder the system insists that I accept the edited image into PM as a newly named image i.e. a duplicate.
This obviously means that all edited images in LR will appear with as duplicates with amended image names when viewed in PM.

Is there a way of avoiding this duplication of images?

Thank you,

bernphys

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Transfer of Edited Images
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 02:02:34 PM »
bernphys,

So I’ve transferred images from PM to Lightroom and edited them.

I now want to see the edited images back in PM.

However when I export them back to the same folder the system insists that I accept the edited image into PM as a newly named image i.e. a duplicate.
This obviously means that all edited images in LR will appear with as duplicates with amended image names when viewed in PM.

Is there a way of avoiding this duplication of images?

I'm not sure that I understand what you're describing?  PM browses folders on your hard drive as they exist on your file system.  PM does not have the ability to render your LR-adjusted images.  Nothing needs to be duplicated.  If you want to have PM display your images as they look in LR then you'll have to convert them to DNG files and then PM can use the previews in the DNG files for display.

I don't understand the need or assertion that duplicates need to be created.  You do not need to export anything.  If LR has updated the images where they reside, have PM browse them where they currently exist.

-Kirk

Offline bernphys

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer of Edited Images
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 02:36:28 PM »
Many thanks for your kind reply.

I will try that as suggested.

bernphys