Author Topic: Support for PM5 and Catalogue feature in PM6  (Read 2644 times)

Offline Frank

• View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
Support for PM5 and Catalogue feature in PM6
« on: May 18, 2019, 12:50:23 AM »
I am holding off just now making the move to PM6 as I intend to move from Windows to Mac later in the year and would like to start Mac on a completely new slate. Still very impressed with PM5 and thanks to Kirk etc for the great product and support.

May I ask if support for PM5, regular updates etc, continue? I can appreciate that you may prefer to concentrate your resources on the new product so this is not a criticism.

I tried the new product, PM6, for a short time but decided against the move given my move to Apple. I could not find in PM6 the catalogue function what did I miss?

Thanks again for a great product.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Support for PM5 and Catalogue feature in PM6
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 07:10:20 AM »
Frank,

I am holding off just now making the move to PM6 as I intend to move from Windows to Mac later in the year and would like to start Mac on a completely new slate. Still very impressed with PM5 and thanks to Kirk etc for the great product and support.

May I ask if support for PM5, regular updates etc, continue? I can appreciate that you may prefer to concentrate your resources on the new product so this is not a criticism.

No, basically PM5 has reached end of life status for us development-wise.  If there were some issue that came up for PM5 and a large number of our customers couldn't upgrade to PM6 for some reason then perhaps we would try to fix the problem in PM5 and make a new release.  But it would have to be an issue on that level.

I tried the new product, PM6, for a short time but decided against the move given my move to Apple. I could not find in PM6 the catalogue function what did I miss?

Photo Mechanic Plus has the Catalog features.  PM6 does not.

They're two different products/applications.  Current PM6 users can try the Photo Mechanic Plus beta while it continues to be developed.  We've created two new message boards on the forum for discussing the Photo Mechanic Plus beta, and you can find out more information there.

-Kirk

Offline Frank

• View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
Re: Support for PM5 and Catalogue feature in PM6
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2019, 09:41:04 AM »
Thanks Kirk