Photo Mechanic > Support

Navigator pane missing

<< < (2/3) > >>

SAMouzon:
Restarted my Mac; that diid nothing. Next, I trashed com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.plist & com.camerabits.PMNavigationAgent.plist thinking that might restore default settings. Now I can at least drag the vertical left bar but I only get a black window, not the navigator pane. I can drag a folder into the main window, but can't drag it into the navigator pane. I've looked through all the preference panes, but can't find anything similar to "restore defaults."

Finally discovered the solution after trying a bunch of random stuff: don't just click and drag on the left vertical bar. Instead, shift-click-drag. Must've changed since PM5 since this is an older post.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: SAMouzon on September 16, 2020, 05:45:50 AM ---Restarted my Mac; that diid nothing. Next, I trashed com.camerabits.PhotoMechanic.plist & com.camerabits.PMNavigationAgent.plist thinking that might restore default settings. Now I can at least drag the vertical left bar but I only get a black window, not the navigator pane. I can drag a folder into the main window, but can't drag it into the navigator pane. I've looked through all the preference panes, but can't find anything similar to "restore defaults."

Finally discovered the solution after trying a bunch of random stuff: don't just click and drag on the left vertical bar. Instead, shift-click-drag. Must've changed since PM5 since this is an older post.

--- End quote ---

That's news to me.  I haven't changed that code in more than two years.  And I checked the code that does the dragging and it doesn't check for keys at all.

But I'm glad you've solved your issue.

-Kirk

Peterv:
Is there a mechanism to assign a shortcut key to toggle the navigator pane on and off?
It would be a lot quicker than moving the mouse and dragging and dropping or double clicking the bar with a dimple?

TIA

Peter.

Kirk Baker:
Peter,

--- Quote from: Peterv on November 23, 2020, 09:20:07 AM ---Is there a mechanism to assign a shortcut key to toggle the navigator pane on and off?

--- End quote ---

No, there is no such mechanism.

-Kirk

Peterv:
Is there any way to size the navigator pane using the keyboard?

You have informed me there is no toggle functionality for this but it is slow to use mouse/trackpad to differentiate between the dimple and the edge of the window when trying to open a closed navigator pane.

I frequently toggle between half sized and full sized windows. When using a half sized window I rarely need to see the navigator pane but in the full sized window I generally do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version