Author Topic: PM 4.5 Crashes When Creating New Folders under Open Folder  (Read 3491 times)

Offline dwightmccann

• View Profile
    • Dwight McCann Digital Imagery
PM 4.5 Crashes When Creating New Folders under Open Folder
« on: April 07, 2007, 06:12:23 PM »
I have a folder with a few hundred images in it that is thumbnail open in PM 4.5.  I want to copy the winners to a subfolder but when I create the subfolder PM wants to phone home to Microsoft and doesn't tell me what's wrong.  I have a feeling this has something to do with the "folder watching" abilities added to PM although I haven't used an new feature or had time to investigate.  While this is a PITA it is certainly worth the small inconvenience while the problem is shaken out to have this function.  So far this seems like a great job!  WinXP Pro SP2 on AMD 4600+ 4GB RAM tons of storage.

Oh, crud, is there a more proper way to report programming errors?  There are so few that I can't remember, sigh.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 06:14:06 PM by dwightmccann »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM 4.5 Crashes When Creating New Folders under Open Folder
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 06:52:18 PM »
Dwight,

I have a folder with a few hundred images in it that is thumbnail open in PM 4.5.  I want to copy the winners to a subfolder but when I create the subfolder PM wants to phone home to Microsoft and doesn't tell me what's wrong.  I have a feeling this has something to do with the "folder watching" abilities added to PM although I haven't used an new feature or had time to investigate.  While this is a PITA it is certainly worth the small inconvenience while the problem is shaken out to have this function.  So far this seems like a great job!  WinXP Pro SP2 on AMD 4600+ 4GB RAM tons of storage.

Oh, crud, is there a more proper way to report programming errors?  There are so few that I can't remember, sigh.

The issue you are experiencing is being worked on and we hope to have it fixed soon.

-Kirk

Offline dwightmccann

• View Profile
    • Dwight McCann Digital Imagery
Re: PM 4.5 Crashes When Creating New Folders under Open Folder
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 07:21:38 PM »
I had no doubt but I didn't notice this particular version of the problem mentioned.  Lots of nice new stuff.  One must expect minor anomalies. Next time I will grab the Beta ... I seem to be good at breaking things. :-)  I am just up to my ass in alligators all the time, sigh.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 07:23:56 PM by dwightmccann »