Author Topic: PM Classic Template: tumb size and customized header  (Read 4599 times)

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
PM Classic Template: tumb size and customized header
« on: April 07, 2007, 10:10:31 PM »
I have a few questions regarding the classic web template:

1. Is it possible to adjust the tumb size?

2. Can I customize the template so it automatically uses my logo in the header of the tumb page (above the title) and each slideshow page (above the navigation buttons)? Or perhaps a function could be added in the set-up dialoge to link to a logo file (jpg or gif) that shall be used as a header during creation?

3. Can I save it as 'customized' template showing in the drop down menu?

4. I somehow made changes to the original template and saved it. Is there a way to reverse them to the original setting?

Thanks,
Archer

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM Classic Template: tumb size and customized header
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 10:20:32 PM »
Archer,

I have a few questions regarding the classic web template:

Yes, there are two fields that control the width and height of the thumbs.

Quote from: archer69
2. Can I customize the template so it automatically uses my logo in the header of the tumb page (above the title) and each slideshow page (above the navigation buttons)? Or perhaps a function could be added in the set-up dialoge to link to a logo file (jpg or gif) that shall be used as a header during creation?

Not unless you have some experience programming.  If so, you could copy the template to your own folder and modify it as you like.

If you're going to re-program the template then you could give it your own name.

4. I somehow made changes to the original template and saved it. Is there a way to reverse them to the original setting?

It is likely that you didn't modify the template itself, only the settings.  There is no 'restore defaults' button.  Though it might be a good idea to add one.

Use the snapshot button (the button in the lower-left corner with the lightning bolt on it) and you can save as many different settings as you wish.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 10:53:44 PM »
Kirk,

Quote from: Kirk Baker

Yes, there are two fields that control the width and height of the thumbs.
[/quote)

I missed that. I thought there is only an option to adjust the picture size for pictures in the slideshow mode, not for the tumb size in the index page.

Not unless you have some experience programming.  If so, you could copy the template to your own folder and modify it as you like.

I have a little html programming knwoledge, but not script writting knowledge. But it would't be the first time that I'm trying the 'learning by doing' approch. Where can I find the template?

If you're going to re-program the template then you could give it your own name.

If I get it to work (reprogramming), do I save the new template into the same folder as the original is right now to have it show up as an option to select in the export dialoge box?

It is likely that you didn't modify the template itself, only the settings.  There is no 'restore defaults' button.  Though it might be a good idea to add one.

Use the snapshot button (the button in the lower-left corner with the lightning bolt on it) and you can save as many different settings as you wish.

Your of course right, I didn't change the template itself, but the settings by hitting the snapshot button too fast. I think the 'restore default' button would really be a good idea. Especially for people like me who have a 'trigger happy' finger that is sometimes faster than the brain.

Regards,
Archer

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 10:55:30 PM »
Upsss, that didn't work right. Hope you can see me questions...

Archer

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 11:40:23 PM »

I have a little html programming knwoledge, but not script writting knowledge. But it would't be the first time that I'm trying the 'learning by doing' approch. Where can I find the template?

It depends on your platform. On Windows it is in the Photo Mechanic folder and you'll find all of the templates in the builtin_html_templates folder.  On Mac OS X the application package has the builtin_templates_folder inside itself, you need to get the Finder to show the package contents by right-clicking on the Photo Mechanic application icon and choosing "Show Package contents"

If I get it to work (reprogramming), do I save the new template into the same folder as the original is right now to have it show up as an option to select in the export dialoge box?

No, you save it wherever you like, and in the Files tab of the Preferences dialog you can choose where your User HTML Templates are.

Your of course right, I didn't change the template itself, but the settings by hitting the snapshot button too fast. I think the 'restore default' button would really be a good idea. Especially for people like me who have a 'trigger happy' finger that is sometimes faster than the brain.

I'll see if it can be done.

-Kirk