Author Topic: updating catalog  (Read 2715 times)

Offline jedbest

• View Profile
updating catalog
« on: May 26, 2019, 06:53:20 PM »
I just tried updating my catalog and you will see from the screen shot that there is a red warning/eror mesage. However, I only have one catalog so I do not understand why it is saying some are offline etc.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: updating catalog
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 07:18:36 PM »
I just tried updating my catalog and you will see from the screen shot that there is a red warning/eror mesage. However, I only have one catalog so I do not understand why it is saying some are offline etc.

Can you post a screen shot of your Catalog Management dialog?  Also, can you post your log?  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder or Windows Explorer window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: updating catalog
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 10:32:31 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Remember that from my experiments I now still also have two red task I can't get rid of (in a managed way, I have actually found that I can get rid of them by deleting certain cache files, but then I need to "help" PM to correctly know the catalogs again). In my case these tasks were from catalogs I deleted (from inside PM!) while they were still doing something (creating previews, actually).
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl