Author Topic: Find and Replace  (Read 3169 times)

Offline Matthew

• View Profile
    • matt-horwood.com
Find and Replace
« on: May 27, 2019, 02:06:04 AM »
Hello,

Is there and if not could there be a way of making the Find and Replace tool run multiple Find and Replace tasks/snapshots in one go?

I currently have 4 snapshots saved - and each need to be run manually on an image(s) in order to strip references to Getty from images that I'm sending to clients directly.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 03:22:13 AM by Matthew »

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Find and Replace
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 06:31:20 AM »
Hello,

Is there and if not could there be a way of making the Find and Replace tool run multiple Find and Replace tasks/snapshots in one go?

I currently have 4 snapshots saved - and each need to be run manually on an image(s) in order to strip references to Getty from images that I'm sending to clients directly.

There is no way to do that.

Why not apply a Metadata Template to clear those fields?  If all you need to do is clear them or set them to something else, you should be able to do that in one pass.

-Kirk

Offline Joel Goodman

• View Profile
Re: Find and Replace
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 07:02:58 PM »
I'd like to second this request. I know you've suggested using an external app for creating sequences before, but it'd be much more elegant and clean to be able to execute a sequence of find/replace snapshots as a single action from within PM so that I can rewrite image captions more efficiently.

One such example I'd like to create in a single action sequence is:

Find/replace copyright statement in caption
Find/replace byline statement in caption
Find/replace or add keywords
Apply specific IPTC/Metadata config

to modify IPTC different destinations, often as a routine numerous times on a single job as batches of photos get sent out.

If I could create sequences which carry out a set of specified find/replace action/s and apply specified metadata preset/s, that'd be a big efficiency for me.