Author Topic: Query on Raw  (Read 5794 times)

Offline isdoo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Query on Raw
« on: April 08, 2007, 05:21:02 AM »
Hi,

Using windows (incase that makes a difference)

If I take a raw image and have selected 'open raw image when editing' option - is this opening the full raw when I view this in Photoshop CS2 to convert to a tiff?

If I have taken both a raw image and a jpg image with the same option, am I still opening up the full raw image in PS?

The only reason I ask is that a similar question was asked in another thread, and I was not sure if I am getting the full raw image in Photoshop ready to convert.

Many thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Query on Raw
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 06:58:54 AM »
Using windows (incase that makes a difference)

If I take a raw image and have selected 'open raw image when editing' option - is this opening the full raw when I view this in Photoshop CS2 to convert to a tiff?

Yes.

Quote from: isdoo
If I have taken both a raw image and a jpg image with the same option, am I still opening up the full raw image in PS?

Yes.

Quote from: isdoo
The only reason I ask is that a similar question was asked in another thread, and I was not sure if I am getting the full raw image in Photoshop ready to convert.

The telltale sign should be that the name of the RAW file should appear in the title bar of the window in Photoshop.  Photo Mechanic can only pass the entire file off to your editor of choice.  It cannot send just the JPEG preview embedded in your RAW files, so you're guaranteed to be using the entire file, and that filename will be specified in the title of the window in your editor of choice (Photoshop).

-Kirk

Offline isdoo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 07:23:43 AM »
Thanks Kirk :)

BTW - sent an order to your office for 4.5 - when are they next open?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 07:36:55 AM »
Thanks Kirk :)

BTW - sent an order to your office for 4.5 - when are they next open?

Tomorrow the 9th.

-Kirk