Author Topic: Pixelated images with PM6  (Read 1717 times)

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
Pixelated images with PM6
« on: May 29, 2019, 10:44:40 AM »
I used PM6 for the first time in anger on Monday at a football final. All was fine until I'd imported approx. 100-200 images. Clicking through the images I noticed they we all pixelated and they would not show as normal images would. I didn't have time to worry about it so closed PM6 and used PM5 for the rest of the match. This obviously is not great! I have tried with and without automatic graphics switching. >:(

I have attached a screenshot showing the pixelated image and they are all the same. They are perfect in PM5.

I use a 2015 MBP 2.5Ghz i7 with 16GB RAM running Sierra 10.12.6. Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 3143 (3bc32e6)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Pixelated images with PM6
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 01:33:01 PM »
Jon,

I used PM6 for the first time in anger on Monday at a football final. All was fine until I'd imported approx. 100-200 images. Clicking through the images I noticed they we all pixelated and they would not show as normal images would. I didn't have time to worry about it so closed PM6 and used PM5 for the rest of the match. This obviously is not great! I have tried with and without automatic graphics switching. >:(

I have attached a screenshot showing the pixelated image and they are all the same. They are perfect in PM5.

I use a 2015 MBP 2.5Ghz i7 with 16GB RAM running Sierra 10.12.6. Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 3143 (3bc32e6)

Do you have RAW rendering turned on in PM6?

-Kirk

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 01:40:02 PM »
 Hi Kirk.

I will check but I wasn't using RAW files at that point, I switched for the celebrations after the final whistle. So pixelation was with .jpg files.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 02:27:47 PM »
Jon,

I will check but I wasn't using RAW files at that point, I switched for the celebrations after the final whistle. So pixelation was with .jpg files.

The reason I asked is because all of the filenames in your screenshot are NEFs.

-Kirk

Offline JonHob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 02:36:49 PM »
I loaded the images back in to PM6 today so I could do a screen shot. I will change it and will report back.