Author Topic: Creating Collections  (Read 2655 times)

Offline gonzuller

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Creating Collections
« on: May 31, 2019, 07:24:45 PM »
I am still learning about the relationship between catalogs and collections.  One relationship that I just learned about is that when you delete all of your catalogs, you also delete all of your collections.  Part of it has to do with figuring out how the two play a role in my workflow.  I think that I have resolved this matter for myself, so I am starting from the beginning.  I have created some new catalogs.  I seem to remember that, after having done this, you select the "Collections" tab in the Organizer window.  Then you right-click in this area to create collections.  However, when I now right click in this area, all of the options are grayed out.  Am I doing something wrong?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Creating Collections
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 08:00:28 PM »
I am still learning about the relationship between catalogs and collections.  One relationship that I just learned about is that when you delete all of your catalogs, you also delete all of your collections.  Part of it has to do with figuring out how the two play a role in my workflow.  I think that I have resolved this matter for myself, so I am starting from the beginning.  I have created some new catalogs.  I seem to remember that, after having done this, you select the "Collections" tab in the Organizer window.  Then you right-click in this area to create collections.  However, when I now right click in this area, all of the options are grayed out.  Am I doing something wrong?

Please post a screenshot showing the entire window.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk