Author Topic: the "i" button problem  (Read 13242 times)

Offline aparat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
the "i" button problem
« on: May 11, 2006, 05:35:29 PM »
Hello,

It seems that the "i" button (in the left-lower corner of a thumbnail in a contact sheet) does not work on my Windows XP version of PM. When I click it, I get the "unsupported operation performed" message. On Mac OSX, I get the IPCT form, just as expected. It is a very useful feature. It would be great to get it on my Windows workstation, too. I am running PM version 4.4.3 (evaluation version still).

Thanks very much!

aparat

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: the "i" button problem
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 05:49:44 PM »
It seems that the "i" button (in the left-lower corner of a thumbnail in a contact sheet) does not work on my Windows XP version of PM. When I click it, I get the "unsupported operation performed" message. On Mac OSX, I get the IPCT form, just as expected. It is a very useful feature. It would be great to get it on my Windows workstation, too. I am running PM version 4.4.3 (evaluation version still).

That's odd.  If this were happening to all of our users then we would have heard about it sooner.  What kind of images are  you viewing?

-Kirk

Offline aparat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 07:17:27 PM »

That's odd.  If this were happening to all of our users then we would have heard about it sooner.  What kind of images are  you viewing?

-Kirk

Kirk,
Thanks for replying. It happens with JPEG, PSD, TIFF, and NEF. I haven't tried other formats.

aparat

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 07:33:17 PM »

Thanks for replying. It happens with JPEG, PSD, TIFF, and NEF. I haven't tried other formats.

Can you open the IPTC Stationery Pad dialog?  (Ctrl-I)  The two dialogs share a common code base.

-Kirk

Offline aparat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 07:42:05 PM »

Can you open the IPTC Stationery Pad dialog?  (Ctrl-I)  The two dialogs share a common code base.

-Kirk

Ctrl-I works perfectly. Just clicking the "I" icon does not.

aparat

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 08:09:30 PM »

What if you select a single photo and type 'i' ? (single-key shortcut)

I have no idea why it should do that to you.  I'll probably have to contact you offline to figure it out.

-Kirk

Offline aparat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 09:09:59 PM »

What if you select a single photo and type 'i' ? (single-key shortcut)

I have no idea why it should do that to you.  I'll probably have to contact you offline to figure it out.

-Kirk

Please, do. I appreciate your help!
aparat