Author Topic: Auto view video in slide show  (Read 650 times)

Offline jp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Auto view video in slide show
« on: January 30, 2023, 10:00:17 AM »
Hi,

In preview I can with the edit mode define my video viewer and all is fine so that I can view a video clip. When in slide show mode the video will just not play and display one image (assuming that the format is recognised by PM+ which is not always the case). I cannot even start it manually. Could there be an auto view or at least a button to run a video in slide show mode? Naturally I need to be able to select which extension will use what viewer. It could be even a different list than the edit mode.

Wouldn't this be cool?

Thanks.

JP

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Auto view video in slide show
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 10:16:50 AM »
In preview I can with the edit mode define my video viewer and all is fine so that I can view a video clip. When in slide show mode the video will just not play and display one image (assuming that the format is recognised by PM+ which is not always the case). I cannot even start it manually. Could there be an auto view or at least a button to run a video in slide show mode? Naturally I need to be able to select which extension will use what viewer. It could be even a different list than the edit mode.

The technology used to implement the slideshow does not have the ability to play videos.  Perhaps on a future release of PM/PM Plus we'll use a different technology capable of playing video in a slideshow.

-Kirk