Photo Mechanic Plus > Feature Requests

Using catalog functions while "offline"

(1/5) > >>

krubin:
I did a scan to see if this issue has been raised and didn't see it.  Forgive me if it is duplicative.

It would be very helpful if some of the core rating/sorting/classifying functions were available on images even if the originals are offline.  For example, I would like to be able to star-rate and/or color-categorize images based on thumbnails or preview pics without necessarily having the RAW images directly accessible.

In my workflow I "import" and transfer images to external drive media, but often do my review and sorting remotely.

Ideally this could be supported, with any edited changes queued until the offline media is available.  When media is available (perhaps automatically, or perhaps next time I'm in that particular view/contact sheet/etc., I would expect a dialog box asking if I want to "synch" or apply those changes to the now-available files.  Alternatively behaviors could be a setting/user/catalog preference.

Thanks for considering.  I wasn't sure whether to log this as a bug or feature request.

Luiz Muzzi:
Hi,
I am not sure but I think this is already possible if you have generated preview and thumbnail proxy images for offline or remote use (there is an option in Catalog Management). I do not use it because this way catalog takes a lot of space of my disk.
Regards,
- Luiz Muzzi

krubin:
I may be doing something wrong.  I did create the thumbnails and am able to browse all of this content offline, but when I try to change any of the color tags or star ratings I receive an error indicating that the images are not accessible.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: krubin on June 07, 2019, 11:35:56 AM ---I may be doing something wrong.  I did create the thumbnails and am able to browse all of this content offline, but when I try to change any of the color tags or star ratings I receive an error indicating that the images are not accessible.

--- End quote ---

Only locally available images can be edited at this time.

-Kirk

krubin:
Are these offline features planned?  Limiting the ability to do select/sort/catalog is a serious detractor to the utility of PM+ IMHO.

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version