Author Topic: Can't add watermark to rotated pictures (PM classic template)  (Read 4831 times)

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
I generated some web galleries using the classig template and wanted to add the copyright watermark.

It seems the watermark is added alright to all pictures originally taken in landscape formate (thous not rotated in PM), but no watermark is added to any of the pictures taken in portrait format and rotated in PM.

In case it matters, some of the pictures I use for building the web galleries were taken as NEF originally and converted to JPEG, others were original JPEG's out of camera.

Hope you can help me.

Thanks,
Archer

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can't add watermark to rotated pictures (PM classic template)
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 09:41:51 AM »
Archer,

I generated some web galleries using the classig template and wanted to add the copyright watermark.

It seems the watermark is added alright to all pictures originally taken in landscape formate (thous not rotated in PM), but no watermark is added to any of the pictures taken in portrait format and rotated in PM.

In case it matters, some of the pictures I use for building the web galleries were taken as NEF originally and converted to JPEG, others were original JPEG's out of camera.

Hope you can help me.

I just tried it on my own images that were shot in portrait orientation and it all worked fine for me.  I think I'll need some sample images from you.  Contact me privately by clicking on my name to the left of this message and I'll give you upload instructions.

-Kirk

Offline Juerg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 10:40:54 AM »
Kirk,

I just wanted to send you the pictures when I noticed something:

If I set the width and hight of the watermark set to 40% or less, no watermark is shown on the portrait pictures. As soon as I set them to 50% or higher, it shows up.

Is the % is based on the picture width (which is smaller on portrait than landscape) or on the largest dimension of a picture? Because if set to 50%, the watermark on landscape is much larger in relation to the picture size than the watermark on portrait, which would suggest the first is true.

But then again, it doesn't explain why it does not show a watermark with a setting of 40%. This still should be very well visable.

I guess I just miss something again here.

Archer

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 07:27:05 AM »
Archer,

I just wanted to send you the pictures when I noticed something:

If I set the width and hight of the watermark set to 40% or less, no watermark is shown on the portrait pictures. As soon as I set them to 50% or higher, it shows up.

Is the % is based on the picture width (which is smaller on portrait than landscape) or on the largest dimension of a picture? Because if set to 50%, the watermark on landscape is much larger in relation to the picture size than the watermark on portrait, which would suggest the first is true.

But then again, it doesn't explain why it does not show a watermark with a setting of 40%. This still should be very well visable.

I guess I just miss something again here.

40% worked fine for me too.  Please send a single example file where it fails to render a watermark.    Also, please send screenshots of your settings in the PM Classic template and the Watermarking dialog.

Note: if you're using {variables} in your watermark text and the variables used expand to nothing (because there is no value in the image) then the watermark would be blank.  I know this isn't your case, Archer, but I'm just explaining this for the benefit of others.

-Kirk