Author Topic: Changed Photoshelter for PicDrop miss the great upload possibilities in PM  (Read 3688 times)

Offline dmdeckbar

• View Profile
Dear PM Team,

as a long time Photoshelter User I switched to PicDrop a german system because they are great on mobile devices and the gallery's are are looking good.

But I miss the gerat uploader tool direct to the gallerys in PM.

I just could upload to a folder and don't see the structure of my gallery's.

Are there any plans ? Do you know each other ( The will know PM of course but do you know PicDrop ? )

Best Dirk

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Dirk,

as a long time Photoshelter User I switched to PicDrop a german system because they are great on mobile devices and the gallery's are are looking good.

But I miss the gerat uploader tool direct to the gallerys in PM.

I just could upload to a folder and don't see the structure of my gallery's.

Are there any plans ? Do you know each other ( The will know PM of course but do you know PicDrop ? )

I have never heard of PicDrop before.  The developers of PicDrop could certainly write their own upload template for Photo Mechanic and we'd be happy to include it in PM6.  Have you contacted them and asked them to write one?

-Kirk

Offline PicDrop

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Dear Kirk,

Andreas here from PicDrop. Thanks for the info! Can we get in contact to find out how to get this started? Feel free to check out PicDrop at https://www.picdrop.com/web/en/? Even though we are from Berlin, Germany we also offer an English version of our tool!

PicDrop is a browser app I started as a photographer because I missed a tool that really fits my needs as a professional photographer. Within 5 years we have become the standard in German-speaking countries.

I’m traveling to the US in October and would love the opportunity to meet you guys and show you our tool.

@dmdeckbar: Please check out our instructions on how to upload photos to PicDrop using PM using FTP on our website? Even though it is not perfect yet, it is possible! :)  https://www.picdrop.de/web/en/faq/how-do-i-upload-images-directly-from-photo-mechanic/

Best,
Andreas

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Andreas,

I have sent you a personal message regarding PicDrop integration in Photo Mechanic.

-Kirk