Author Topic: Follow the eyes  (Read 3788 times)

Offline Tacitic

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Follow the eyes
« on: June 08, 2019, 07:20:15 PM »
Hello, I am (still) looking for an app that will allow quicker culling of photos after a portrait photo session...

Photo Mechanic comes very close but for one thing I would like to see improved if possible...

My first cull involves deleting photos where the eyes are out of focus (by assigning a color rating to then delete)
I love how I can use PM's zoom and it stays at that point of the photo for subsequent photos. Which is great if the eyes are in a similar position in the next photo.

It would save a HEAP of time if PM was able to recognize eyes in a 1:1 zoom and display that photo with the eyes in view

Currently, if after I use  the > key to scroll to next photo and the eyes aren't visible, I have to reach for the mouse to reposition and this can suck up a lot of time on 1,500+ photos

I hope my explanation of what I'm asking makes sense

TIA

David

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
Re: Follow the eyes
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 11:53:49 AM »
I'd love this!

Offline ron_hiner

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 12:00:27 PM »
Focus Peaking -- (previously recommended as a new feature) -- would largely solve the same problem. 

I would think Focus Peaking would be more useful to more photos -- not just portraits.  Also should be easier to implement because it doesnt require the identification of a eye in the photo.  It only has to be able to tell what's in focus.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 01:52:46 PM by ron_hiner »

Offline robert s.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 12:18:42 PM »
Focus Peaking -- (previously recommended as a new feature) -- would largely solve the same problem. 

I would think Focus Peaking would be more useful to more photos -- not just portraits.  Also should be easier to implement because it doesnt require the identification of a eye in the photo.  It only has to be able to tell what's in focus.
I agree. Some days ago, I made many photo of a flying Bird. On the first photo it was in the middle, then in the upperleft corner, then in the lower right corner ... ... Such a feature would be helpful for many users.
Greetings from Germany,
Robert

Hope is not the conviction that something wil turn out well,
but the cercainty, that someting makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.