Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

PM6 runs slowly

<< < (5/6) > >>

keydet:
Capture time.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: keydet on August 22, 2019, 06:29:25 PM ---Capture time.

--- End quote ---

OK.  PM5 will block access to the contact sheet until the sort is complete, which on Capture Time sort, can take minutes if the number of images is large.  PM6 will initially sort by file creation time (if available in the file system or modification time otherwise) and perform the sort in the background and when the sort completes it will finalize the capture time sort.  But PM6 won't block you from using the contact sheet while the sort completes.

PM6 should allow you to start working with your images almost immediately and PM5 won't.

So I'm not sure what you're using as your test criteria to do your evaluation, but if you are considering the time at which you can start doing things with your images, PM6 should be much faster.

If you're waiting until you see "Sort Complete" in the bottom right corner of the window then I expect the two apps to be similar in speed.  Sorting takes time either way.  PM6 just doesn't block you from working while that time elapses.

-Kirk

keydet:
True enough, I had noticed that I wasn't blocked in PM6.

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: keydet on August 23, 2019, 02:32:04 AM ---True enough, I had noticed that I wasn't blocked in PM6.

--- End quote ---

OK, given that, what parts of PM6 are slower for you than PM5?

-Kirk

Curlymac:
Mine is exactly the same. So slow I have had to give up on it and use another browser. So disappointed as there are so man great features on PM that I love

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version