Author Topic: Folder and sub folder wont open  (Read 8758 times)

Offline bluesnappa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Folder and sub folder wont open
« on: April 08, 2007, 12:18:09 PM »
I have a folder with no images in but it does contain a number of folders that do contain images. When I click on the main folder and right click to 'open folder and subfolders in new contact sheet' nothing happens. Any reason?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Folder and sub folder wont open
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 12:20:47 PM »
I have a folder with no images in but it does contain a number of folders that do contain images. When I click on the main folder and right click to 'open folder and subfolders in new contact sheet' nothing happens. Any reason?

It would help to know what OS you are running.

-Kirk

Offline bluesnappa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 12:38:24 PM »
Windows XP

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 12:51:28 PM »

Nothing at all happens?  You don't see a progress dialog come up at least briefly?

I just tried it on a folder that contains 9 subfolders and it opened up nicely for me.

Is there anything you can tell me about the layout of the folders that might help me reproduce the issue you're seeing?  How about posting a screenshot of a Windows Explorer tree view showing the folder hierarchy?

-Kirk

Offline bluesnappa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 01:00:09 PM »
There is a quick flash of what must be the progress screen but too quick to read it. Here is a screenshot. Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 01:24:00 PM »
There is a quick flash of what must be the progress screen but too quick to read it. Here is a screenshot. Thanks

OK, so you're right-clicking on BOOK and then opening it and its subfolders in a new contact sheet tab?  Does the tab open?

-Kirk

Offline bluesnappa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2007, 01:44:56 PM »
Yes...what have you done...it works all of a sudden. I have done this many times and it seems that it will only work if all other contact sheets are closed. Or it could be a case of the files in the subfolders all need to have been opened at least once, then close the contact sheets and ask it to open all including the subs. Hmm interesting...a useful tool to have in the programme and one I needed to get to work. Cheers. 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2007, 02:20:40 PM »
Yes...what have you done...it works all of a sudden. I have done this many times and it seems that it will only work if all other contact sheets are closed. Or it could be a case of the files in the subfolders all need to have been opened at least once, then close the contact sheets and ask it to open all including the subs. Hmm interesting...a useful tool to have in the programme and one I needed to get to work.

That's likely it.  If any of the subfolders are already open in other contact sheets, then they won't be opened.  It would be bad for the same folder to be open in multiple contact sheet tabs.

-Kirk

Offline juliank

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 07:28:21 PM »
I just ran into the same scenario under XP and was wondering what is going on.  I just found your explanation.  Perhaps, it might make sense to return an note that at least one of the folders is already open in another contact sheet??

I also saw the following thread and maybe this is the same scenario:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=1238.0

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2007, 07:35:58 PM »
I just ran into the same scenario under XP and was wondering what is going on.  I just found your explanation.  Perhaps, it might make sense to return an note that at least one of the folders is already open in another contact sheet??

I also saw the following thread and maybe this is the same scenario:

http://forums.camerabits.com/index.php?topic=1238.0

Yes, I agree.  I'll get a message in the first update to 4.5.

-Kirk