Author Topic: Major Full Screen Preview Issue with Cropping and Saving to Same Folder  (Read 11050 times)

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
It's not a labor intensive process to make a new build (it's automated).

Please try this and if it doesn't solve your problem, please list a set of steps to follow along with any relevant screenshots that will help me reproduce and fix your issue.

https://www.camerabits.com/download/PhotoMechanic6R3286.dmg

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline jkm

• View Profile
Trying it right now... I'll keep you updated. Thanks a million!!

Offline jkm

• View Profile
Sadly, the issue remains.

Steps I did:

Downloaded new DMG.

Dragged new program to Applications (chose to keep both in case of any problems).

Opened new program. Clicked yes to "this was downloaded from the internet are you sure" question.

Opened folder of photos. Resumed going through them. (By the way, would it be possible to have a "jump to last modified file" keyboard shortcut within the thumbnail view to get to the last file I rated or saved?)

Clicked the green circle of the preview window to go full screen and pressed f to get rid of all panels then double clicked to reopen both side panels while still keeping top and bottom panels gone.

Rated a few photos, then got to one that needs to be cropped and saved in a couple of different aspect ratios.

Dragged the first crop area.

Command + S.

File saved.

Uh oh. As soon as the file save happens, I'm exited out of the full screen preview "space" and bumped back to the thumbnail sheet.

Previously I turned off the options suggested to make PM6 go faster and so I'm not any longer in the right location the thumbnail sheet (but very close because I've only gone through a handful of photos). However, as I discovered from a lot of web searching I can get back to the preview "space" by using an Control + Arrow (first attempt didn't work because I tried the wrong arrow direction, and then the other Command + Arrow key worked; macOS seems to be pretty random about whether the preview space is a left arrow or a right arrow to get back to). As I mentioned, I can get back to the preview space in just about 5 seconds total from the time I'm kicked out of it, although I have to wait for everything to save and stop processing the shift out of the space and back to the thumbnail sheet. Then if I wait long enough for 2-3 seconds I can do the Control + Arrow and get back to the preview space and a second later I can start working again. But as I said even if this is just five seconds of delay, it slows me down a lot over the course of a day (perhaps a minute of time or so wasted for every five minute of work).

Other notes and observations after this point:

"Photo Mechanic 6 2" which is what the Finder decided to name the new version. So I checked the dock to make sure I'm really using the new version you provided. Yes, I am using the new version.

Also checking "About" from within the application. It says Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 3286 (1728a38).

Offline jkm

• View Profile
Thank you so much for taking the extra time.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Please try this build.  I can no longer reproduce your issue with this build: https://www.camerabits.com/download/PhotoMechanic6R3287.dmg

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline jkm

• View Profile
Please try this build.  I can no longer reproduce your issue with this build: https://www.camerabits.com/download/PhotoMechanic6R3287.dmg

Thanks,

-Kirk

It works! This is amazing! Photo Mechanic is such an awesome tool, even more so with this fix! Such a dream now, and so, so efficient to do my workflow now!

Is there any reason that I shouldn't remove the regular release version from my Applications folder and exclusively use this build instead, at least until this fix hits the release channel?

Thank you!!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.

It works! This is amazing! Photo Mechanic is such an awesome tool, even more so with this fix! Such a dream now, and so, so efficient to do my workflow now!

Is there any reason that I shouldn't remove the regular release version from my Applications folder and exclusively use this build instead, at least until this fix hits the release channel?

No, feel free to use it until the official build is deployed.

-Kirk

Offline jkm

• View Profile

No, feel free to use it until the official build is deployed.

-Kirk

I just want to thank you again. I'm finishing up my current folder in record time, and it is also less fatiguing and I feel much more engaged and less bored mentally, and am probably doing a better job as a result, simply due to not having to endure productivity-stopping and attention-killing micro-interruptions while waiting on the software. Super much appreciated!