Author Topic: Upload to smugmug error message  (Read 2472 times)

Offline picturebike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Upload to smugmug error message
« on: June 16, 2019, 06:20:35 AM »
Hi having issues again, this time getting the error message no credentials.  Ive not changed any settings and was working normally last time i used it

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 07:51:03 AM by picturebike »

Offline Jerry H

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Upload to smugmug error message
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 09:27:42 AM »
There's a problem with your DNS lookup, it's returning IP Address "0.0.0.0" for "upload.smugmug.com".

I suggest that you check the firmware on your network equipment, routers, cable modems, etc., and update the firmware as needed. If your network equipment firmware is up to date, or the problem persists after the update, please contact your Internet Service Provider and let them know that you're having trouble with your DNS. If you're proficient with configuring operating systems or network routers you can configure your network settings to use Google's public DNS servers, https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using.

HTH,

-Jerry

Offline picturebike

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 11:53:43 PM »
Strange that i have no problems uploading direct from my desk top to smugmug, only having trouble uploading via PH

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 07:08:14 AM »
Strange that i have no problems uploading direct from my desk top to smugmug, only having trouble uploading via PH

I expect that somehow the IP address for the smugmug server is cached and still works.

-Kirk