Author Topic: Photos not showing up  (Read 3406 times)

Offline photophoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Photos not showing up
« on: June 17, 2019, 05:49:16 PM »
Hello. I am on a Windows 10 PC with Photo Mechanic V6 Build 3143 (3bc32e6).

My issue is that when I drag and drop my photos in Photo Mechanic, nothing happens. The photos do not show up but a little tab on the top left pops up. I'm assuming it means the photos are there but I have something checked that won't let me view them? I have also hit the option, "Select Folder" when I first open the program to import the photos but it does the same thing no matter what.

I am still very new to using this program so I apologize if this is such a simple fix, but I cannot find a forum post with the same "issue" as me. I have also attached a picture so anyone can see what I mean when that little tab is present, but no photos visible.

If someone can please help me out, I would seriously really appreciate it. Thank you in advance!

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Photos not showing up
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 06:19:55 PM »
Thanks for the screenshot.

In your 5-star Rating filter in the toolbar, you have zero-star items hidden.  Unless your images are 1-star or higher, they're not going to show up.  It sounds like you may have made that be your default filter setting.  You can click on the zero star to make it available again, then right-click on the filter and set it as the new default.  This should solve your problem.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline photophoto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Photos not showing up
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 06:30:22 PM »
Thanks for the screenshot.

In your 5-star Rating filter in the toolbar, you have zero-star items hidden.  Unless your images are 1-star or higher, they're not going to show up.  It sounds like you may have made that be your default filter setting.  You can click on the zero star to make it available again, then right-click on the filter and set it as the new default.  This should solve your problem.

HTH,

-Kirk

Wow, I am an idiot. I am laughing so hard.

Thank you.