Author Topic: Contact sheet – problem with "view selected" and color label toggling  (Read 2260 times)

Offline wiesiek

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi!

I found a problem with PM6 that did/does not occur in PM5. If I select some thumbnails in the contact sheet, press F2, and then toggle a color label selection, pictures having that label disappear from the contact sheet (and never come back). In PM5 toggling the color worked as expected – pictures labeled with that color disappeared when the color was "turned off", and reappeared when it was "turned on". I hope it's a bug in PM6, not a "feature"?

All the best,
Wiesiek

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Wiesiek,

I found a problem with PM6 that did/does not occur in PM5. If I select some thumbnails in the contact sheet, press F2, and then toggle a color label selection, pictures having that label disappear from the contact sheet (and never come back). In PM5 toggling the color worked as expected – pictures labeled with that color disappeared when the color was "turned off", and reappeared when it was "turned on". I hope it's a bug in PM6, not a "feature"?

It's actually a bug in PM5 that images that you can't see retain their selected status.  That bug has been addressed in PM6.

-Kirk

Offline wiesiek

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi Kirk!

Thanks a lot for your prompt reaction! So, it's a feature of PM6. I figured a way of keeping the desired behavior by utilizing tags, although this method adds couple more steps to the workflow...

I wonder what would be the best way of working with a set of pictures resulting from a search (Ctrl-F, under Win). I would like to toggle the color label and star "filters" on and off on them but still keep the "selection" (the result of find). Is there any other way than to tag that selection first, switch the view to "selected only" and untag them at the end? I hope you will be able to get my point :)

All the best,
Wiesiek

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Wiesiek,

I wonder what would be the best way of working with a set of pictures resulting from a search (Ctrl-F, under Win). I would like to toggle the color label and star "filters" on and off on them but still keep the "selection" (the result of find). Is there any other way than to tag that selection first, switch the view to "selected only" and untag them at the end? I hope you will be able to get my point :)

I know of no better way of doing that.

-Kirk

Offline wiesiek

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Kirk,

maybe having something like "View found" (similar to other "View *") limiting the contact sheet to just the result of the last performed search within the folder could be implemented?

Meanwhile I'm using the "tag solution".

All the best,
Wiesiek

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Wiesiek,

maybe having something like "View found" (similar to other "View *") limiting the contact sheet to just the result of the last performed search within the folder could be implemented?

I'm not understanding how that would cause hidden items to become selected again?

-Kirk