Author Topic: Find (Ctrl-F) – IPTC data search problems  (Read 1193 times)

Offline wiesiek

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Find (Ctrl-F) – IPTC data search problems
« on: June 20, 2019, 08:52:31 AM »
Hi!

There seem to be two serious problems related to Ctrl-F in PM6 (including build 3291). I'm performing an IPTC search on a ~7K NEF catalog, stored on a NAS drive (the same "scenario" for both PM6 and PM5).

• If I invoke Ctrl-F, shortly after opening a contact sheet, when PM6 is still indexing the folder (building its cache) the app "freezes". It takes a long time (8-9 minutes) before the progress bar starts to move. The same operation in PM5 behaves MUCH better. No freeze, and the search starts right away (although it seems to be performed in parallel with further indexing, so it's slower than if done after the indexing has finished).  In case when PM6 already has an up-to-date disk cache of thumbs ("found 6761 disk cache entries, 6761 usable" in the log file) the situation is practically identical. If I try the do Ctrl-F shortly after opening the contact sheet PM6 "freezes".
  • The IPTC search in PM6 (on the "example folder"), after the thumbnail cache has been built (or read),  takes around 1 minute and 20s  EVERY TIME. Performing the same search with PM5 takes longer than PM6 for the first time, but then ~5s for each subsequent search.
Attached are: screenshot of the Find dialog and the PM6 "frozen" window.

Wiesiek
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 09:57:04 AM by wiesiek »