Author Topic: Contact sheet not showing images  (Read 2721 times)

Offline PJ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Contact sheet not showing images
« on: June 20, 2019, 11:10:06 PM »
Strange thing happened today. After ingesting and editing photos, I saved the edits to a separate folder. When I went to view those edited images in PM6, the contact sheet opened but all the thumbs were grayed out but had the file names. Had to quit PM6 and relaunch it before the edited imaged would show up.

PM6 is 6.0, build 3291, running on a Mac 10.12.6.

Any idea why this is happening? 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Contact sheet not showing images
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 11:42:36 PM »
Strange thing happened today. After ingesting and editing photos, I saved the edits to a separate folder. When I went to view those edited images in PM6, the contact sheet opened but all the thumbs were grayed out but had the file names. Had to quit PM6 and relaunch it before the edited imaged would show up.

PM6 is 6.0, build 3291, running on a Mac 10.12.6.

Any idea why this is happening? 

No.  If it happens again, I'd like a screenshot, and your log files.  In Photo Mechanic go to the Help menu and choose "Reveal Support Data..." and moments later a Finder window will come forward with the zipped log file selected.  Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your zipped PM log file.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline PJ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 10:31:08 PM »
Hi Kirk,

Had this happen once again . . . Then when I went to save some images into a folder as a test, they all appeared as normal. Not sure what was going on . . . Hopefully it was just a temporary glitch and won't happen again.

Offline PJ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 06:22:20 PM »
Kirk,

Happened again today. On a Mac running 10.12.6 and latest version of PM6.

I tried to generate a log file but not sure where it ended up; wasn;t paying too much attention to its name or location, as I was rushing to xmit some photos. I'm attaching a screen shot of what it looks like. Note: After I quite PM6 and relaunched it, the images showed up correctly.

Offline PJ

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 11:31:36 PM »
This is happening again. Definitely slows down editing time with having to quit and relaunch PM6.

I also noticed that if I have a window open (i.e. edited) and save another image to that folder, the image doesn't show up automatically in the PM "edited" window, as it did in the past.

I've attached the zip file you asked for. Hope you can find a solution.

Thanks.