Author Topic: Bug- Dupe Images When Adding Image To Collection  (Read 3239 times)

Offline BillB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Bug- Dupe Images When Adding Image To Collection
« on: June 23, 2019, 05:29:29 AM »
I have two catalogs defined currently. When I have both catalogs selected/checked for both Search and Add/Modify, adding an image to any collection in either Catalog results in two instances of the image in that collection.

To replicate:
- Create two catalogs
- Check Search and Add/Modify for both
- Create a collection in either one of the Catalogs
- Select an image from any open contact sheet
- Right-click on the collection and select "Add Selected Items Here"
- Open the collection in a contact sheet and note two instances of the image

Check Search and Add/Modify for only one of the Catalogs at a time and execute the same procedure; results in a single image instance  in the collection as expected.

...Bill
...Bill

Dell G5 15 Laptop, Win 10 with 16Gb, Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 8Gb, LG HDR 4K extended display, PM6+, all caching on SSD.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Bug- Dupe Images When Adding Image To Collection
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 08:52:57 AM »
I have two catalogs defined currently. When I have both catalogs selected/checked for both Search and Add/Modify, adding an image to any collection in either Catalog results in two instances of the image in that collection.

To replicate:
- Create two catalogs
- Check Search and Add/Modify for both
- Create a collection in either one of the Catalogs

If you have multiple catalogs set to add/modify then changes to Collections will affect both.  This is by design.

If you only want to affect the Collections of a single catalog, make sure you're only modifying one catalog.

-Kirk

Offline BillB

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2019, 05:09:54 AM »
Thanks, Kirk. I get that any add/modify to a catalog will affect all checked catalogs. But a collection is catalog specific, right? If I add an image to a collection that only exists in the one catalog (regardless how many catalogs are checked for add/modify), why would I see two instances of that image in that collection? Just trying to get my head right on the behavior...

Regards,
...Bill
...Bill

Dell G5 15 Laptop, Win 10 with 16Gb, Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti 8Gb, LG HDR 4K extended display, PM6+, all caching on SSD.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2019, 07:56:33 AM »
Bill,

Thanks, Kirk. I get that any add/modify to a catalog will affect all checked catalogs. But a collection is catalog specific, right? If I add an image to a collection that only exists in the one catalog (regardless how many catalogs are checked for add/modify), why would I see two instances of that image in that collection? Just trying to get my head right on the behavior...

If you have two catalogs set to be modified and you create a collection, then that collection will exist in both catalogs.  If you created a collection with only one catalog active and later made another catalog active, and then added items to that collection, then that collection will now exist on both catalogs (it will be added to the new catalog along with the items added to it.)

-Kirk