Author Topic: Sort by Capture Time  (Read 4111 times)

Offline ahmedphotos

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Sort by Capture Time
« on: June 30, 2019, 07:04:52 AM »
Hi Kirk,

I am using two Nikon D5 bodies. One with 70-200, and one with 24-70. I am experiencing that when I ingest images from my cards into PM6 its not properly sorting them by capture time. Both have the time and date in sync with one another yet in PM6 (Build 3331) it is dumping the images from the second D5 with 24-70 lens at the end of the folder.

I am running Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5 on a MacBook Pro 2018, 2.9GHZ, Intel i9, 32GB RAM.

Any help welcomed.

Many thanks
Mansoor Ahmed

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sort by Capture Time
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2019, 09:09:04 AM »
Mansoor,

I am using two Nikon D5 bodies. One with 70-200, and one with 24-70. I am experiencing that when I ingest images from my cards into PM6 its not properly sorting them by capture time. Both have the time and date in sync with one another yet in PM6 (Build 3331) it is dumping the images from the second D5 with 24-70 lens at the end of the folder.

I am running Mac OS Mojave 10.14.5 on a MacBook Pro 2018, 2.9GHZ, Intel i9, 32GB RAM.

Did you wait for the sort to complete?  When sorting by Capture Time, PM6 will initially use the modification time of the images and then as the capture time information for all of the images is gathered then the final Capture Time sort will complete.

-Kirk

Offline ahmedphotos

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 12:24:24 PM »
yep, waited for the sort to complete, and got that notification at the bottom right hand corner too. Still not sorted :-(

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 12:39:42 PM »
yep, waited for the sort to complete, and got that notification at the bottom right hand corner too. Still not sorted :-(

Can you share some images that don't sort correctly?

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline ahmedphotos

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2019, 12:44:41 PM »
sure thing, can i email them over?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2019, 01:52:20 PM »
sure thing, can i email them over?

No, they're be too big for that.  You can either put them up on the cloud (Dropbox, etc.) and share a link to them with me, or I can give you the information to our FTP server and you can upload them there.

Contact me privately for the FTP info or to share links to your uploaded images.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline jsmcpheeters

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2019, 11:19:49 AM »
It seems for me that when I ingest from a card that has files in mixes of raw+jpeg and jpeg only, that Photo Mechanic (latest build on Mojave) always puts the raw+jpeg at the beginning ahead of the jpeg only files when sorted by capture time.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 01:09:47 PM »
It seems for me that when I ingest from a card that has files in mixes of raw+jpeg and jpeg only, that Photo Mechanic (latest build on Mojave) always puts the raw+jpeg at the beginning ahead of the jpeg only files when sorted by capture time.

Are all of the photos in the folder from the same camera?

-Kirk