Author Topic: V 6 docking Favorites & nagigator  (Read 2860 times)

Offline Skooker

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
V 6 docking Favorites & nagigator
« on: June 30, 2019, 07:32:01 PM »
In V 5 I had Favorites docked over docked Navigator on the left of the contact sheet. I can't seem to get both to do the same in V 6. Also sometimes I can't see the Navigator even though it is supposed to be docked. Has there been a change in the program or have I missed something?

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: V 6 docking Favorites & nagigator
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 07:23:57 AM »
In V 5 I had Favorites docked over docked Navigator on the left of the contact sheet. I can't seem to get both to do the same in V 6. Also sometimes I can't see the Navigator even though it is supposed to be docked. Has there been a change in the program or have I missed something?

Not to my knowledge.  Could you post a screenshot of what you're trying to achieve? Use the 'Attachments and other options' link when you're composing your reply to this message and there you'll be able to upload your JPEG format screenshot.

Thanks,

-Kirk

Offline Skooker

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 11:01:59 AM »
Sure - I've attached two files, PM 5 & PM 6. PM 5 is from my Windows 7 copy of PhotoMechanic, V5 and this is what I'm trying to achieve. You can see that Favorites is stacked above Navigator.

PM 6 is from my Windows 10 copy of PhotoMechanic V6. This picture shows the best I can do with these in V6, i.e. they are adjacent. If I make either floating it winds up all over my screens and sometimes becomes invisible. I've tried dragging & dropping & going back & forth between dock & float. I'd like to have them stacked so that the contact sheet window is as large as possible.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 11:34:25 AM »
Sure - I've attached two files, PM 5 & PM 6. PM 5 is from my Windows 7 copy of PhotoMechanic, V5 and this is what I'm trying to achieve. You can see that Favorites is stacked above Navigator.

PM 6 is from my Windows 10 copy of PhotoMechanic V6. This picture shows the best I can do with these in V6, i.e. they are adjacent. If I make either floating it winds up all over my screens and sometimes becomes invisible. I've tried dragging & dropping & going back & forth between dock & float. I'd like to have them stacked so that the contact sheet window is as large as possible.

I'm able to reproduce both of your layouts with ease and have them restore as set on restart of PM6.  I didn't try making them floating (you didn't provide a sample to try and reproduce) but I can dock them (as you have in the PM6 example) or stack them (as you have in the PM5 example.)

I made a video illustrating how to dock the panes, see below.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline Skooker

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 03:20:50 PM »
Thanks for the movie. It works. It was not clear to me what that multi-arrow thing was supposed to be for.