Author Topic: Ingest question  (Read 2756 times)

Offline TommyHilfig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest question
« on: July 08, 2019, 01:16:05 PM »
Hi there, hopefully a quick question and answer....

i am photographing sports... if an event happens, i will lock image in camera.  If i then take the card out and then plug it in and auto ingest only locked photos, that photo is ingested.  I do not want to delete the other images on the card but put card back in camera and carry on shooting.  another event happens and i do the same and ingest. 

here's the question.... will the first locked image ingest again?  if yes, how can i stop it duplicating? (I'm sure there is a simple answer but struggling.)

hopefully that made sense, if not i can clarify if needed

thanks in advance

J

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Ingest question
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 01:27:38 PM »
Hi there, hopefully a quick question and answer....

i am photographing sports... if an event happens, i will lock image in camera.  If i then take the card out and then plug it in and auto ingest only locked photos, that photo is ingested.  I do not want to delete the other images on the card but put card back in camera and carry on shooting.  another event happens and i do the same and ingest. 

here's the question.... will the first locked image ingest again?  if yes, how can i stop it duplicating? (I'm sure there is a simple answer but struggling.)

Turn on "Incremental Ingest" and your previously ingested images should not be ingested again.

-Kirk

Offline TommyHilfig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Ingest question
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 07:06:55 AM »
Thank you.... i knew it would be something that easy

thanks again