Author Topic: Contact sheet sort order  (Read 7615 times)

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
Contact sheet sort order
« on: July 12, 2019, 07:17:33 PM »
Just installed Public Beta 6 Release (R3413) and in contact sheet it now only sort z-a instead of a-z. I can't seem to find a setting to sort a-z. It did not do this in Beta5. If I load the same folder from navigator it is sorted a-z.
Mojave 10.14.5

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Contact sheet sort order
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 08:05:23 PM »
Romeo,

Just installed Public Beta 6 Release (R3413) and in contact sheet it now only sort z-a instead of a-z. I can't seem to find a setting to sort a-z. It did not do this in Beta5. If I load the same folder from navigator it is sorted a-z.
Mojave 10.14.5

Is this from a Catalog related search/filter or opening a folder-based Contact Sheet?

-Kirk

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 06:32:49 AM »
Catalog search

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 06:34:28 AM »
Here is one from Beta 5

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2019, 06:56:47 AM »
Catalog search

Catalog results are not sorted in any definitive way.  Basically at this point the images appear in the order they were added to the Catalog that the results are coming from.

-Kirk

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2019, 07:05:41 AM »
Kirk, thanks for the quick response. How come in Beta 5 when pulled up it is sorted A-Z but in the latest Beta it is being sorted Z-A. This folder was added to catalog on 7/7/19 using Beta5. The only change I have done is update to latest Beta. FYI sorting has been A-Z from the 1st Beta it only started with newest Beta.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 08:57:56 AM »
Kirk, thanks for the quick response. How come in Beta 5 when pulled up it is sorted A-Z but in the latest Beta it is being sorted Z-A. This folder was added to catalog on 7/7/19 using Beta5. The only change I have done is update to latest Beta. FYI sorting has been A-Z from the 1st Beta it only started with newest Beta.

I don't know.  There were virtually no Catalog-related changes in this build.  Our time was spent elsewhere.

-Kirk

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 10:16:35 AM »

I don't know.  There were virtually no Catalog-related changes in this build.  Our time was spent elsewhere.

-Kirk

Kirk, am I able to keep using Beta 5? I know it expired yesterday 7/12/19. It is a pain having every folders in the catalog sorted Z-A in Beta 6.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2019, 05:26:26 PM »

Kirk, am I able to keep using Beta 5? I know it expired yesterday 7/12/19. It is a pain having every folders in the catalog sorted Z-A in Beta 6.

No, it has expired.

-Kirk

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2019, 06:31:25 PM »

Thanks Kirk,  would this be considered a bug since it did not do this in prior Beta's?

No, it has expired.

-Kirk

Offline kclaar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 04:33:15 PM »
I am having the same issue. After the update, both filters and searches from the catalog are now showing in bottom to top sequence. Before the update, they displayed in top to bottom sequence. No changes were made to the catalog.

The filtering and searching were conducted on the EVENT field

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2019, 05:56:08 AM »
Hi Kirk,

Any way to get the sort order back to A-Z like it was in Beta 5? It really is a pain to have to scroll to the bottom to see the #1 pic. Is this a bug?

Thanks

Offline Kirk Baker

• Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2019, 05:07:26 PM »
Romeo,

Any way to get the sort order back to A-Z like it was in Beta 5?

No.

It really is a pain to have to scroll to the bottom to see the #1 pic. Is this a bug?

No, but I found out recently that this was an intentional change.  We'll likely return the old behavior unless we get actual deterministic sorting done for the next beta and then this problem won't matter any longer.

-Kirk

Offline Rguzmanphoto

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2019, 06:15:56 AM »
Romeo,
Any way to get the sort order back to A-Z like it was in Beta 5?

No, but I found out recently that this was an intentional change.  We'll likely return the old behavior unless we get actual deterministic sorting done for the next beta and then this problem won't matter any longer.

-Kirk

Kirk,

Latest beta seemed to fixed this issue.  Thank you for the great work you guys are doing.