Author Topic: Rated/Tagges CR3 files (Canon EOS R)  (Read 1585 times)

Offline ToKo

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Rated/Tagges CR3 files (Canon EOS R)
« on: July 09, 2019, 06:34:15 AM »
Hey there,

tried to search this forum as well as Google but I'm still not able to find a solution for this. Here's the problem:

When shooting with the Canon EOS R I always rate and/or tag the files in the camera. With my old 5DMKIVs I was able to see and identify the tagged and rated files in PhotoMechanic: stars for rated files, tick mark for tagged files. After ingesting my EOS R files neither the stars nor the tick marks appear. I double checked with a couple of different SD-cards, it's the same problem for every single card. -- What I found out so far: tagged files appear as such when I view them in Finder. And: If I select "Copy locked photos only" during ingest I only see the ones tagged in the camera before. When I select "Copy unlocked photos only" I only see these ones I haven't tagged before.

As far as I understand: PhotoMechanic is somehow able to identify my tagge/rated files as such but they do not appear as such after ingesting. Nope, I haven't set any mark on IPTC Global Settings that could overwrite any settings from the camera and as I said before: When ingesting the same SD-card from my 5DMKIV with the same settings in PhotoMechanic everything works fine.

Anyone had this problem before and might be able to help? Especially for live events for me it's more than important to see tagged files as such in PhotoMechanic without going the complicated way to first ingesting tagged files, mark them and after this ingesting all untagged files.

I'm using Photo Mechanic Version 5.0, build 19749 (20d085a) on Mac OS 10.14.4
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 09:22:47 AM by ToKo »

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: Rated/Tagges CR3 files (Canon EOS R)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 04:09:26 PM »
My guess is that this is related to Canon's funky new .cr3 format, but really can't speculate further as I don't have anything that makes them.  This is something that I would recommend contacting Customer Support directly about as they might be able to do some realtime troubleshooting

Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits