Author Topic: Face Detection  (Read 7516 times)

Offline slimenta

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Face Detection
« on: July 21, 2019, 07:36:21 AM »
In a broad sense, players with numbers front and back obviate the need for facial recognition.  Last night, one of the soccer teams was arsenal which only has numbers on the back of their jerseys.  Big problem for someone who doesn't well know their players.  The other setting is on the sidelines where celebrities who are at times unrecognizable hang out.  I have seen the threads on Lightroom.  But, my flow is PM to ACR so I am looking for facial recognition that works directly with PM.  Solutions???

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Facial Recognition
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 05:34:15 PM »
In a broad sense, players with numbers front and back obviate the need for facial recognition.  Last night, one of the soccer teams was arsenal which only has numbers on the back of their jerseys.  Big problem for someone who doesn't well know their players.  The other setting is on the sidelines where celebrities who are at times unrecognizable hang out.  I have seen the threads on Lightroom.  But, my flow is PM to ACR so I am looking for facial recognition that works directly with PM.  Solutions???

We do not have plans to implement facial recognition at this time.  I do not have a solution for you.

-Kirk

Offline Marziah

• View Profile
Face Detection
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2021, 03:02:32 PM »
craig created topic
2 years ago on Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 6:53 PM
I would like PhotoMechanic to be able to recognize faces and detect closed eyes, automatically tagging them (perhaps with a custom icon)

We shoot high school formal and graduation photos and so have zillions of images shot in a studio setting that must be tagged.  This would be an enormous help.

Craig

19 people upvoted this
Marziah Karch
Marziah Karch replied
2 years ago on Sun, Feb 9, 2020 at 8:20 PM
Hi, Craig! Thanks for adding this request. We would love to incorporate AI in the future. We're still evaluating how we could accomplish this and don't have an immediate timeline.

If anyone else would like to see us incorporate face recognition, please upvote this request and/or leave a comment here. This helps us prioritize our work.

7 people upvoted this
Sam Chesnutt replied
a year ago on Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 6:01 PM
I'd like to see this as well. 

3 people upvoted this
craig replied
a year ago on Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 6:14 PM
Well, that is two requests, I presume this now goes into development immediately? 

Marziah Karch
Marziah Karch replied
a year ago on Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 11:08 AM
If we had infinite developers on our team, we'd have it done yesterday. ;-) 

craig replied
a year ago on Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 5:36 PM
Excuses, Excuses, Excuses... blah blah blah,  :-p

Michael Pfeffer replied
10 months ago on Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 11:03 AM
Face detection  by PM would be very helpful. A work around could be the transfer of the results from "tag that photo". I hope face detection will be established in the near future.

Marziah Karch
Marziah Karch replied
10 months ago on Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 11:16 AM
We'd love to incorporate face detection.

craig replied
10 months ago on Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 5:57 PM
Over the past 2 weeks we have generated over 40000 images... I have had to check for blinks in nearly all of them... face detection, please!!!!   *on knees grovelling**

mike replied
8 months ago on Tue, Jan 5 at 3:09 AM
I have been chasing the ability to face detect and automatically label images as currently going through someone else’s 40,000 unlabelled images of relatively few people. I am sure everyone is faced with similar issues which an automatic system would be extremely useful for, if I did not already have PM6 then I would certainly choose software based on this ability as it is such huge human work for something that the AI can do simply

Offline PhiK

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Face Detection
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2022, 02:52:32 PM »
Upvoting for this old but important request. Please make a partnership with an AI API.

Offline nickhemphill

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 08:54:52 AM »
I asked about this years ago as well. Filter Pixel and Narrative Select have it already. So this really needs to be considered. And not ran in the cloud, but locally. Even if you had the spotlight type of feature where it autozooms to the faces or centers on the face(s). Something that allows us to keep using the arrow keys to get through the culling quickly. While not giving us subscription service. That's the deal breaker for me on the other ones.
What you have now made sense with 12 MP images, but now with such high pixel count it requires moving imagines around constantly.

Offline pszilard

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2022, 10:22:28 PM »
How do I "upvote" this???

This is the ONE feature that is seriously needed and is not available. PLEASE add as soon as possible.

Of course this should be in PhotoMechanic PLUS, not the basic version.

Offline willievass

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2022, 08:50:17 AM »
Caption Pro will do this using facial recognition and the same set of code replacements used by Photo Mechanic. I'm about to demo it.

Offline filrub

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • www.fotorubin.com
Facial recognition
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2022, 09:34:50 AM »
Come on camera bits, let's implement facial recognition in photo mechanic!!!

Offline jamesross

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2022, 06:31:35 PM »
Face detection would be an amazing feature

Offline Jim S.

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2022, 01:03:31 PM »
Even if you didn't go all the way to face detection, OCR of the numbers on jerseys would be a huge step forward-- I could filter to everyone with a specific number, then manually add the person.

It might not get everyone, but it would probably get enough, and would certainly be farther along than doing this all manually.

Offline Jonzinator

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2022, 09:37:42 AM »
A potential workaround is to put a low Rez version into Apple Photos and tag their faces there. It is fast and very accurate facial recognition. Might not be an ideal workflow but certainly a stop gap for now.

Offline Horst H.

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2023, 12:42:12 AM »
Any news on face detecting by Photomechanic? Would help to edit the Captions, if you can select by face.

Offline RMoss221

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2023, 06:18:20 AM »
I absolutely agree on the need for Face recognition!!

Offline filrub

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • www.fotorubin.com
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2023, 08:40:03 AM »
Face recognition is a mandatory feature... please do it!

Offline filrub

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • www.fotorubin.com
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2023, 08:41:32 AM »
Caption Pro will do this using facial recognition and the same set of code replacements used by Photo Mechanic. I'm about to demo it.

Me too! Caption pro works really well but it's a little bit expensive... I want to pay a little more camerabits and have the facial recognition in photo mechanic!