Author Topic: Undo  (Read 903 times)

Offline Jon Paul Davidson

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Undo
« on: June 25, 2022, 04:19:14 PM »
I know others have asked for this, but please add my name in requesting an undo function (Cmd+Z) in a P.M. window to both Delete & Replace!  The application  should  place any deleted or replaced files in a temporary folder, from which they can be recovered (like "Trash" in Mac OS that uses the trash folder from which they can be recovered.)  If I am processing photos in PM, delete destroys the file rather than putting it somewhere from which it can be recovered. 

I just had my first instance of this when I was working in a PM+ window on a folder of new images on the desktop and had some images selected in a portion of the window not showing.  I then started another group I planned to delete (by holding the Cmd key while making selections )  This ADDED the new images to the selected, rather than starting a new selection, as I intended.  I then hit Delete & of course it deleted everything.  PM & PM+ does not provide a way to correct that mistake, & I would really like it to enable recovering a delete function. 

Yes, I know I need to make a protection copy first and have added that additional process to my workflow. However, I suspect others will not have done that until they make an un-recoverable mistake to use the delete function in a ContactSheet window. 

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Undo
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 06:14:43 PM »
I know others have asked for this, but please add my name in requesting an undo function (Cmd+Z) in a P.M. window to both Delete & Replace!  The application  should  place any deleted or replaced files in a temporary folder, from which they can be recovered (like "Trash" in Mac OS that uses the trash folder from which they can be recovered.)  If I am processing photos in PM, delete destroys the file rather than putting it somewhere from which it can be recovered. 

You can set PM to put your images in the Trash.  It puts them in the same Trash that the OS provides.  However, this does not work for networked drives.

-Kirk