Author Topic: Ingest sessions, not only days, is it possible?  (Read 4298 times)

Offline GetUp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Ingest sessions, not only days, is it possible?
« on: July 22, 2019, 06:45:53 AM »
Is it possible to auto ingest photos, but split up to sessions, based on time difference between shots? For example, if photo created with more, than 1 hour after last photo, it goes to own folder? Thanks!

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Ingest sessions, not only days, is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2019, 07:49:26 AM »
No, it's not possible to do exactly as you want. But perhaps putting the images in folders based on the hour they were taken is an alternative?
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline GetUp

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2019, 01:28:01 PM »
Do you mean it split folders by hours, or all images taken in hour will be in one folder?
Thank you

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 12:48:08 AM »
I meant folders per hour, with all images taken in that hour in it. Not exactly what you wanted but perhaps close enough.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline imagetic

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
    • willduncan.com
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 07:12:27 PM »
I've never tried it, but unless there is something I don't know about stopping it, you could split photos up into hours based on the timestamp inside the files.

In the Ingest dialog (CMD+G on macOS), you would want to copy photos into folder with name, and then in the folder name field, do something like /{hour24}

So in my workflow, I do date based folders. {yr4}/{mn0}-{mnn3}/{yr2}{mn0}{day0}

That automatically ingests photos into a 2019/01-Jan/YYMMDD/ folder structure. If you added /{hour24} to it, you would get a full 2019/01-Jan/YYMMDD/hr type structure.

I don't think you could organize photos by a "more than one hour since last photo" type of structure using PM.
www.willduncan.com

Model: iMac (18,3 - Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)
Processor: 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 64GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580 8 GB

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 03:53:37 PM »
If you added /{hour24} to it, you would get a full 2019/01-Jan/YYMMDD/hr type structure..

As an aside, I once got the idea to combine the hour24 variable with code replacements to automatically keyword band names into photos from a music festival (e.g. replace \{hour24}\ when hour24=20 the band that went on at 8pm)  but festivals could never seem to stay on the posted schedule, and it ended up being too fiddly to work.

Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits