Photo Mechanic > General Discussion

Ingest sessions, not only days, is it possible?

(1/2) > >>

GetUp:
Is it possible to auto ingest photos, but split up to sessions, based on time difference between shots? For example, if photo created with more, than 1 hour after last photo, it goes to own folder? Thanks!

Hayo Baan:
No, it's not possible to do exactly as you want. But perhaps putting the images in folders based on the hour they were taken is an alternative?

GetUp:
Do you mean it split folders by hours, or all images taken in hour will be in one folder?
Thank you

Hayo Baan:
I meant folders per hour, with all images taken in that hour in it. Not exactly what you wanted but perhaps close enough.

imagetic:
I've never tried it, but unless there is something I don't know about stopping it, you could split photos up into hours based on the timestamp inside the files.

In the Ingest dialog (CMD+G on macOS), you would want to copy photos into folder with name, and then in the folder name field, do something like /{hour24}

So in my workflow, I do date based folders. {yr4}/{mn0}-{mnn3}/{yr2}{mn0}{day0}

That automatically ingests photos into a 2019/01-Jan/YYMMDD/ folder structure. If you added /{hour24} to it, you would get a full 2019/01-Jan/YYMMDD/hr type structure.

I don't think you could organize photos by a "more than one hour since last photo" type of structure using PM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version