Author Topic: Re: ftp window progress hiden behind rotation arrow - message III  (Read 1981 times)

Offline patrickhamilton

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Kirk

4. Is it possible to enter a calabrated monitor profile into prefences ?

Thanks in advance ..... again

Patrick H
Patrick Hamilton I Photographer I shoephone +61(0)419 683 900 I skype patrickghamilton I www.patrickhamilton.com.au I patrick@patrickhamilton.com.au

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: ftp window progress hiden behind rotation arrow - message III
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 06:23:42 AM »
Hi Patrick,

Yes, that is possible. When you click on the profile button you'll get a dropdown with all profiles installed on your system, including any display profiles.

Why would you want to do so, though? This setting is only for telling PM what profile to use for images that don't have any embedded. And that is rarely (if ever) your display profileā€¦

And if you mean for PM to use your calibrated display profile for viewing, then it already does that; PM uses the display profile as set in your system preferences.
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: ftp window progress hiden behind rotation arrow - message III
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 09:06:43 AM »
Patrick,

4. Is it possible to enter a calabrated monitor profile into prefences ?

While it is possible, you'd never want to do that.  If an image has no profile and you have PM assign your monitor's profile to it and it is the same profile currently assigned to your display then no color management will occur.  It is best to choose a profile that your camera shoots in.  This is usually sRGB or Adobe RGB 1998.

-Kirk