Author Topic: Exporting ARW files to LR6  (Read 1829 times)

Offline rarebird

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Exporting ARW files to LR6
« on: July 30, 2019, 01:12:40 AM »
I am trying to export ARW files (Sony) To LR6. The first two thirds of files from any folder I try and export will not export. eg. 50 files are tagged in PM but only the last 15 or so will copy over into LR. The remaining files show up in LR as "Preview unavailable for this file" followed by a dialogue box saying "The following files cannot be opened in LR".

Irrespective of what folder I open in PM and try and import into LR6, the same result occurs despite there being no apparent difference in the individual files.

Is this a particular issue with Sony ARW files? or is there some other issue?

Hope someone can help me with this problem please.

Offline Hayo Baan

• Uber Member
  • Professional Photographer & Software Developer
    • View Profile
    • Hayo Baan - Photography
Re: Exporting ARW files to LR6
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 03:41:38 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean by “export to LR”, you can't export to LR. In LR you would “import” files from a folder instead.

Regardless, if the file doesn't open properly in LR, either your camera is not supported by LR (updating LR to the latest would help in that respect) or your files have become corrupted somehow. Perhaps you can upload an example of a file that doesn't show in LR so we can have a look?
Hayo Baan - Photography
Web: www.hayobaan.nl

Offline rarebird

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Exporting ARW files to LR6
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 03:59:52 PM »
Thanks for response. Yes, I meant Import however I have discovered the problem..... LR6 and Sony RX100 V1 are not compatible. Upgraded to LR classic cloud version and it works fine (and of course another $150 per year!!)