Author Topic: open application PM6plus  (Read 4126 times)

Offline ©PERENOM

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
open application PM6plus
« on: August 07, 2019, 08:05:26 AM »
Hello,
I have this on my screen and can'y open PM6plus
"One of Photo Mechanic Plus's subsystems failed to initialize.  This may indicate an installation issue. [DYN_WINDOW_EXCEPTION]"

Like many users, I am "media pro SE" one and we know that 's no way to continue with it. What's the best practice to import my catalogue to PM6plus and have the same fonction to manage it.

May be have you a manuel PM6plus for a beginner like me.

Thank's a lot

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: open application PM6plus
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 08:18:55 AM »
I have this on my screen and can't open PM6plus
"One of Photo Mechanic Plus's subsystems failed to initialize.  This may indicate an installation issue. [DYN_WINDOW_EXCEPTION]"

Open the Activity Monitor and quit any processes named "pm-task".  This should restore function.

Like many users, I am "media pro SE" one and we know that 's no way to continue with it. What's the best practice to import my catalogue to PM6plus and have the same function to manage it.

PMPlus cannot import/convert your existing database.

But it can catalog all of the disks containing your images.  The "Scan to Catalog" tool is the best way to do this.  You can add a list of folders containing your images and it will seek out all images and add them to your catalog.

May be have you a manual PM6plus for a beginner like me.

No, not yet.  But the readme has a "Getting Started" guide in it to help you understand the functionality of PMPlus.

-Kirk

Offline ©PERENOM

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 08:28:33 AM »
Kirk you are the best!
Best regards

Offline jwa

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 04:00:17 PM »
Would you mind posting that getting started guide somewhere easy to find in the forum Kirk. I can not find it.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 05:47:46 PM »
Would you mind posting that getting started guide somewhere easy to find in the forum Kirk. I can not find it.

It's in the readme that comes with the installer or disk image.  You should already have it if you have Photo Mechanic Plus.

-Kirk