Author Topic: Shortcut to move photo to pre-specified target folder  (Read 839 times)

Offline Bart Deamer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Shortcut to move photo to pre-specified target folder
« on: April 06, 2023, 02:32:32 PM »
When culling photos, I move the keepers to another folder for further work.  It would be very helpful if a folder could be designated as a target folder to which the highlights image(s) could be moved with a one-key shortcut.

Lightroom Classic has this feature, but culling in Lightroom is (famously) too slow.

A concrete example from my workflow:  ingested photos go to an "Unculled" folder.  Keepers are moved to an "Import to LR" folder or, slicker, an "Auto-import to LR" folder.

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
Re: Shortcut to move photo to pre-specified target folder
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 02:51:11 PM »
That is an interesting future suggestion.   As a current tip, you can use the Modifier key to execute a Copy/Move command with the last-used settings: On macOS,  cmd-opt-y will move the selected files to the last-used destination without bringing up the dialog.  On Win, the modifier key is shift, so it would be ctrl-shift-y.   I hope this helps a little.

For more info:
https://docs.camerabits.com/support/solutions/articles/48001131428-the-modifier-key

-Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits

Offline Bart Deamer

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Shortcut to move photo to pre-specified target folder
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2023, 06:36:15 PM »
Mick-

That helps a lot!  I set the default target folder and picked the non-resetting move option in the ctrl-y dialog, and then programmed ctrl-shift-y into my Loupedeck Live.  It works like a charm.

Bart