Author Topic: Export Hi Res JPEG  (Read 3041 times)

Offline Calijoe_76

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Export Hi Res JPEG
« on: April 10, 2007, 09:12:20 AM »
Hello,

We are doing a test at work. I am Photo Mechanic to the bone! and I am trying to convince my boss to finally dump Iphoto and use PM for our workflow. He is impressed with the speed of the ingest but we are doing a test. In Iphoto we export JPEGS from Raw and get a file that is 48.6 x 32.4 x 72. When we export the "previews' we get a smaller file which i understand since it is a preview, but is there a way to export a Hi Res JPeg from the Raw file in PM. He has been trying to find something with PM that Iphoto can top...please help!

Joe

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Export Hi Res JPEG
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 10:01:52 AM »
Joe,

We are doing a test at work. I am Photo Mechanic to the bone! and I am trying to convince my boss to finally dump Iphoto and use PM for our workflow. He is impressed with the speed of the ingest but we are doing a test. In Iphoto we export JPEGS from Raw and get a file that is 48.6 x 32.4 x 72. When we export the "previews' we get a smaller file which i understand since it is a preview, but is there a way to export a Hi Res JPeg from the Raw file in PM. He has been trying to find something with PM that Iphoto can top...please help!

Since you're on a Mac, you can use Save As... and make sure that the "Source for RAW+JPEG:" popup reads "Render RAW if possible".  Also since you're going for 72 DPI, make sure you set the Resolution field to 72 pixels per inch.

HTH,

-Kirk