Author Topic: Metadata (IPTC) Template does not update contact sheet  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Bob M

• View Profile
    • The McElroys of Point Alexander
Metadata (IPTC) Template does not update contact sheet
« on: August 15, 2019, 04:45:42 PM »
Windows 7 Home Premium, Service pack 1.  PM V6 build 3558.

I'm pretty sure this bug was introduced by build 3558 and the previous build I was using was alright.

Anyway, if I update using the Metadata (IPTC) template (crtl-i), I can see the changes if I view the metadata via the Metadata (IPTC) Info pane, but they don't show on the labels in the contact sheet.  F5 doesn't help.  The only way I can see the new data is by closing the contact sheet and reopening it.

The contact sheet updates if I enter the data via Info pane.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Metadata (IPTC) Template does not update contact sheet
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 05:39:38 PM »
Bob,

Windows 7 Home Premium, Service pack 1.  PM V6 build 3558.

I'm pretty sure this bug was introduced by build 3558 and the previous build I was using was alright.

Anyway, if I update using the Metadata (IPTC) template (crtl-i), I can see the changes if I view the metadata via the Metadata (IPTC) Info pane, but they don't show on the labels in the contact sheet.  F5 doesn't help.  The only way I can see the new data is by closing the contact sheet and reopening it.

The contact sheet updates if I enter the data via Info pane.

Thanks for the report.  I'll look into it right away.

-Kirk

Offline annee

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 08:47:59 AM »
Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 3331. Mac version 10.13.6

I've run into a similar issue. When trying to modify a single image's IPTC metadata using the Metadata IPTC template I get an error message "Unable to save IPTC info", when I click on apply to selected I get a "There were errors during the apply to selected operation". When trying to update the keywords using the Structured Keyword panel or the keywords panel they don't apply to the images. We recently updated to photomechanic 6, I did not experience the problem in version 5.

Offline Mick O (Camera Bits)

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 09:07:54 AM »
Photo Mechanic Version 6.0, build 3331. Mac version 10.13.6
 I get an error message "Unable to save IPTC info",

annee,

If you are getting an actual error message, then it sounds like a permissions issue to me. If you call our tech support folks, they may be able to troubleshoot that. 

support@camerabits.com
Phone Number: (USA) 1-503-547-2800
Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-5:00pm [PST/PDT]

Mick
Mick O
Camera Bits