Photo Mechanic > Support

PM build 3558 - new build observations

<< < (2/4) > >>

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: Skooker on August 17, 2019, 02:29:35 PM ---Sorry for the backhanded way I’m doing this but I can’t seem to figure out how to use the ‘quote’ button – probably simple but I’m not getting it.

System: HP Spectre 360; Processor i7-8750H; RAM 16 GB; running Windows10 64bit, Version 1809. Let me know if there is any other info you need.
--- End quote ---

Sounds like a reasonably peppy machine.  Where are your images stored and what kind of images are you browsing?

--- Quote from: Skooker on August 17, 2019, 02:29:35 PM ---Autocomplete is off, I don’t see where spell check can be turned off but it is currently on
--- End quote ---

In the IPTC/XMP tab of the Preferences dialog is a checkbox that turns on/off the spellchecking features.

--- Quote from: Skooker on August 17, 2019, 02:29:35 PM ---Delay: just timed it again ~ 5 sec

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: Skooker on August 17, 2019, 02:29:35 PM ---I’m not sure what you mean that I should be able to capture my entire screen.
--- End quote ---

I mean for you to take a screen grab.  https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/capture-screenshots-windows-10

--- Quote from: Skooker on August 17, 2019, 02:29:35 PM ---Sorry to hear that I can’t adjust the toolbar icons; the ‘i’ button for the metadata & the external edit button are right next to each other & I occasionally click the edit button instead of the metadata button.
--- End quote ---

Are you viewing very small thumbnails?

--- Quote from: Skooker on August 17, 2019, 02:29:35 PM ---I was communicating with Bob Russell. He may have copies of the emails; I’m not sure how to send them to you.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  I will follow up with him on Monday.

-Kirk

Skooker:
Sounds like a reasonably peppy machine.  Where are your images stored and what kind of images are you browsing: jpg’s, dng’s RW2’s

In the IPTC/XMP tab of the Preferences dialog is a checkbox that turns on/off the spellchecking features: Thanks I found it I was expecting to see it with the autocorrect

Are you viewing very small thumbnails: no generally using the default setting or sometimes I make them bigger

I’ll look at the article you’ve referenced about screen grabs. Also where can I find instructions on doing the quotes such as you are using? Thanks

Kirk Baker:

--- Quote from: Skooker on August 18, 2019, 03:10:49 PM ---Sounds like a reasonably peppy machine.  Where are your images stored and what kind of images are you browsing: jpg’s, dng’s RW2’s
--- End quote ---

Where are the images stored?  Local SSD, local HD, external SSD, external HD, networked drive?

--- Quote from: Skooker on August 18, 2019, 03:10:49 PM ---Are you viewing very small thumbnails: no generally using the default setting or sometimes I make them bigger
--- End quote ---

Then the buttons should be fairly far apart.  I'm having trouble understanding how you would click the wrong one then?  If you'd rather use the keyboard, select a single image, and then the following apply:

Pressing 'i' will bring up the Metadata (IPTC) Info dialog.
Pressing 'space bar' will bring up the Preview window.

--- Quote from: Skooker on August 18, 2019, 03:10:49 PM ---Also where can I find instructions on doing the quotes such as you are using?

--- End quote ---

Simply click the 'Quote' link to the right of my reply and my entire post will be quoted.  If you want to break things up into smaller chunks you can copy the quote tag (it's in square brackets) and end with a /quote (surrounded by square brackets.)

-Kirk

ahoward:

--- Quote from: Skooker on August 18, 2019, 03:10:49 PM ---
I’ll look at the article you’ve referenced about screen grabs. Also where can I find instructions on doing the quotes such as you are using? Thanks

--- End quote ---

More details about quoting: https://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Quote

Skooker:

--- Quote from: Kirk Baker on August 18, 2019, 06:58:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: Skooker on August 18, 2019, 03:10:49 PM ---Sounds like a reasonably peppy machine.  Where are your images stored and what kind of images are you browsing: jpg’s, dng’s RW2’s
--- End quote ---

Where are the images stored?  Local SSD, local HD, external SSD, external HD, networked drive?

Images are stored on the local SSD

--- Quote from: Skooker on August 18, 2019, 03:10:49 PM ---Are you viewing very small thumbnails: no generally using the default setting or sometimes I make them bigger
--- End quote ---

Then the buttons should be fairly far apart.  I'm having trouble understanding how you would click the wrong one then?  If you'd rather use the keyboard, select a single image, and then the following apply:

Pressing 'i' will bring up the Metadata (IPTC) Info dialog.
Pressing 'space bar' will bring up the Preview window.

--- Quote from: Skooker on August 18, 2019, 03:10:49 PM ---Also where can I find instructions on doing the quotes such as you are using?

--- End quote ---

Simply click the 'Quote' link to the right of my reply and my entire post will be quoted.  If you want to break things up into smaller chunks you can copy the quote tag (it's in square brackets) and end with a /quote (surrounded by square brackets.)

-Kirk

--- End quote ---

At one time you asked for screen shots of the over expanded contact sheet and preview. I've attached jpg's of these. I'm not sure how these will help, the contact sheet shows the upper left portion of the sheet and the rest is off the screen, as can be seen by the lack of the dash, box and X that should be in the upper right corner. The preview screen shows the mis-positioning of the thumbnails at the bottom and the right hand bar with the histogram, etc. I do not work with these set as you see them. I have the thumbnails as low as I can and still see the image labels and the histogram, etc column as far to the right as possible and still see all of the information.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version