Author Topic: PM6 not working at all consistently  (Read 2536 times)

Offline Frank

• View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
PM6 not working at all consistently
« on: August 16, 2019, 12:06:03 PM »
I have been using PM5 ON Mojave 10.14.6 and both PM5 and PM6 seem to have problems which make it near impossible to use. For instance on both the Find function will in fact find a number of images with the expression. However, when the same Find and Replace is attempted it either does not find anything, or in some cases has found and replaced thousands of bits of data. I am now left with a whole lot of images with surplus data in the Special instructions field which I will have to remove manually one record at a time. If the problem is with PM5 and PM6 can get rid of it but if it is in both then I would have to stop using PM which to be honest I would rather not do.

I have attached a zip file which might help you with troubleshooting.

Any help with this would be appreciated

Frank

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM6 not working at all consistently
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 12:28:41 PM »
Frank,

I downloaded your log file (thanks for providing it) but I don't see any errors related to Find and Replace operations.

Can you tell me how to reproduce the problem?  If I can reproduce a problem then I can fix it.  Screenshots of the Find and Find/Replace dialogs and sample images to use for testing are very much welcome.

-Kirk

Offline Frank

• View Profile
    • Frank Fitzpatrick Photography
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 02:17:14 AM »
Hi Kirk

I think I know what the problem is/was. I unloaded the Nikon software from the PC and the search function now works fine. The programme also is behaving itself as it should.

The only other editing software I now have on my iMac is Photoshop CC and I am confident that it will not pose a problem.

I have also just converted my trial to the full PM6 version.

Thanks again for your help. Camera Bits always provide stellar support.

Kind regards,

Frank

Offline ahoward

• Camera Bits Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2019, 12:04:09 PM »
Hi Kirk

I think I know what the problem is/was. I unloaded the Nikon software from the PC and the search function now works fine. The programme also is behaving itself as it should.

The only other editing software I now have on my iMac is Photoshop CC and I am confident that it will not pose a problem.

I have also just converted my trial to the full PM6 version.

Thanks again for your help. Camera Bits always provide stellar support.

Kind regards,

Frank

What Nikon software were you using? Kirk may prove me wrong if he knows something that I don't, but I am unfamiliar with any Nikon software that could interfere with the Find function in Photo Mechanic.