Author Topic: Sbstrings not working in thumbnail preview  (Read 3749 times)

Offline mfryd

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Sbstrings not working in thumbnail preview
« on: April 10, 2007, 11:49:18 AM »
I can't seem to get substrings to work in the thumbnail display.

Under preferences->contact sheet, I select Filename + two labels.
My label 1 is: {keywords}
My label 2 is: {path:22:200}

I expect this to get me everything after the first 22 characters of the path name (instead it gets me the full path).
I have also tried: {path:-20:20}.  I expected just the last 20 characters of the path, yet I still get the full path name.

Am I doing something wrong?  Have I misunderstood the release notes? or is this a bug?

What I am really trying to do is the following:
 I have opened a folder and all subfolders in the current contact sheet.  I am trying to add a notation that will tell me which subfolder (relative to the folder I opened) a particular image is in.  If I know how many characters are in the name to the orignal folder, I should be able to do it by skipping over those characters.

Is there a better way of displaying which subfolder an image is in?

I am running Photomechanic 4.5, on a PowerBook G4 under 10.4.9

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Sbstrings not working in thumbnail preview
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 12:00:15 PM »
I can't seem to get substrings to work in the thumbnail display.

Under preferences->contact sheet, I select Filename + two labels.
My label 1 is: {keywords}
My label 2 is: {path:22:200}

I expect this to get me everything after the first 22 characters of the path name (instead it gets me the full path).
I have also tried: {path:-20:20}.  I expected just the last 20 characters of the path, yet I still get the full path name.

Am I doing something wrong?  Have I misunderstood the release notes? or is this a bug?

What I am really trying to do is the following:
 I have opened a folder and all subfolders in the current contact sheet.  I am trying to add a notation that will tell me which subfolder (relative to the folder I opened) a particular image is in.  If I know how many characters are in the name to the orignal folder, I should be able to do it by skipping over those characters.

Is there a better way of displaying which subfolder an image is in?

I am running Photomechanic 4.5, on a PowerBook G4 under 10.4.9

If you click on the images themselves, their path will appear in the status text at the bottom of the window.  Otherwise, I would use the {folderpath} variable like so:

{folderpath:-20,20}

which will give you the last 20 characters of the path that the photo is in.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline mfryd

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Re: Sustrings not working in thumbnail preview
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 12:19:57 PM »
Thanks,

Folderpath is a big help.  My other issue was that I was using a ':' between the two numbers, not a ','.

My bad.

-Michael