Author Topic: Open in current contact sheet without navigator?  (Read 4932 times)

Offline jimb

• View Profile
Open in current contact sheet without navigator?
« on: April 10, 2007, 12:28:41 PM »
PM 4.5 on Win XP...

I'm trying to find a way to open a folder in the current contact sheet without using the navigator until it gets fixed (any news?). Dragging from Windows Explorer appears to only open a new contact sheet. The right-click context menu in Windows Explorer only offers "Open in new contact sheet". (BTW, having the option to open in the current contact sheet seems like a good addition to explorer's context menu. Perhaps a future feature?)

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Open in current contact sheet without navigator?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 02:49:12 PM »
PM 4.5 on Win XP...

I'm trying to find a way to open a folder in the current contact sheet without using the navigator until it gets fixed (any news?). Dragging from Windows Explorer appears to only open a new contact sheet. The right-click context menu in Windows Explorer only offers "Open in new contact sheet". (BTW, having the option to open in the current contact sheet seems like a good addition to explorer's context menu. Perhaps a future feature?)

Is there a way to do this?

If you turn off the automatic refreshing in the Navigator, it becomes much more stable.  Right click on a folder in the Navigator, go to the Photo Mechanic sub-menu, and disable the Auto Refresh option.

HTH,

-Kirk

Offline jimb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 03:23:41 PM »
If you turn off the automatic refreshing in the Navigator, it becomes much more stable.  Right click on a folder in the Navigator, go to the Photo Mechanic sub-menu, and disable the Auto Refresh option.

Well, I tried this and the problem actually got worse. If I turn off auto refresh without any contact sheets open, it crashes after opening 2-3 folders. If I turn off auto refresh with contact sheets already open, it crashes immediately. Consistently.

Not that it will necessarily help, but this message also shows up (I don't recall anyone else reporting it):
The instruction at "0x7c2821b2" referenced memory at "0x0000001c". The memory could not be "read".

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 03:35:12 PM »

Well, I tried this and the problem actually got worse. If I turn off auto refresh without any contact sheets open, it crashes after opening 2-3 folders. If I turn off auto refresh with contact sheets already open, it crashes immediately. Consistently.

Not that it will necessarily help, but this message also shows up (I don't recall anyone else reporting it):
The instruction at "0x7c2821b2" referenced memory at "0x0000001c". The memory could not be "read".

Bummer.  Well, help is on the way.  I'm completely replacing the Navigator with a new implementation, but there's a few more features (like drag and drop) that have to be finished up first...

-Kirk