Author Topic: How to associate Mozilla Thunderbird as the e-mail client in Windows 10 op syste  (Read 193 times)

Offline Bones

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi To forum members,  I am a bit baffled as to how to associate Camera Mechanic with my installed e-mail programme Mozilla thunderbird.

Most other programmes I have used had found this e-mail client automatically..........

What am I doing wrong ???
I can't find a way to make Camera Mechanic use Mozilla Thunderbird as the default e-mail programme.

Can anyone help me please.  Regards John Skelton.

Offline dig

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Hi John,

It didn't work for me either. (PM6, Thunderbird and Win 10. I got a massage concerning a MAPI problem).
PM5, Thunderbird (32bit version) and Win 10 runs for years without any problem.

I think you have to to use a 64bit version of Thunderbird with PM6 (its only "beta" and difficult to find on the Mozilla site).
With Thunderbird 64bit the "MAPI" dialogue has disappeared on my computer, but I run in some problems with mailing photos with PM6.

So I still use PM5 + reinstalled Thunderbird (32 bit) and all works fine for me…

Regards,
DiG

Offline Bones

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
The company has acknowledged that there is an issue with the latest version.  Their fix is to download the last of version 5 software from the website and then use a key from version 6 to run this software.  Or you can opt for the free 30 day trial.

Version 5 does find my Mozilla Thunderbird e-mail client on my computer running windows 10.  Regards John Skelton.