Author Topic: PM6 Arrangement not maintained with RAW images  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Skooker

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
PM6 Arrangement not maintained with RAW images
« on: August 26, 2019, 02:16:54 PM »
I almost always run PM 6 contact sheet in the arrangement mode. Most of my pictures are taken in RAW only. I’ve noticed that after arranging my pictures in some order when I go back to process a RAW image & save it as a jpg the location order of the that picture is lost & it winds up at the end of the images. This doesn’t happen if I work on a RAW image with an associated jpg. Even if I save a modified jpg the order is maintained. Is there a known reason this is happening & is there a fix? I’d like to have all of my images stay in the order I place them in & stay that way.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: PM6 Arrangement not maintained with RAW images
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 04:09:54 PM »
I almost always run PM 6 contact sheet in the arrangement mode. Most of my pictures are taken in RAW only. I’ve noticed that after arranging my pictures in some order when I go back to process a RAW image & save it as a jpg the location order of the that picture is lost & it winds up at the end of the images. This doesn’t happen if I work on a RAW image with an associated jpg. Even if I save a modified jpg the order is maintained. Is there a known reason this is happening & is there a fix? I’d like to have all of my images stay in the order I place them in & stay that way.

Whenever a new file is created after an arrangement is made and PM discovers this new file, it will go to the end of the list (it isn't part of the arrangement yet).  Viewing RAW+JPEG may help in this regard (I haven't tested this theory though).  If I'm understanding you correctly, it is the newly created JPEG that is going to the end of the list, not the RAW file, correct?

-Kirk

Offline Skooker

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 06:45:02 PM »

Whenever a new file is created after an arrangement is made and PM discovers this new file, it will go to the end of the list (it isn't part of the arrangement yet).  Viewing RAW+JPEG may help in this regard (I haven't tested this theory though).  If I'm understanding you correctly, it is the newly created JPEG that is going to the end of the list, not the RAW file, correct?

-Kirk

No, it is both, the RAW+JPG that goes to the end of the list if the JPG is newly created, if there is a preexisting JPG the order remains correct. I do have my preferences set to view RAW+JPG. From what I can tell the list order is contingent on the JPG image if one exists.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 06:52:22 PM »

No, it is both, the RAW+JPG that goes to the end of the list if the JPG is newly created, if there is a preexisting JPG the order remains correct. I do have my preferences set to view RAW+JPG. From what I can tell the list order is contingent on the JPG image if one exists.

OK.  The RAW is being paired with the newly created JPEG that is at the end of the list.

-Kirk