Author Topic: Can IPTC info added in PM be seen by Microsoft One Drive or Photos  (Read 3044 times)

Offline rcohn

• View Profile
A friend is trying PM. He uses the Microsoft OneDrive to store his pictures. Of the IPTC fields with entered information only the Caption is showing. Are there settings, either in PM or in the Microsoft app, that will allow other data fields (Headline, People, etc.) to show?

Also, Microsoft Photos doesn't even show the Caption, so same basic question.

Offline Kirk Baker

• Senior Software Engineer
  • Camera Bits Staff
  • Superhero Member
    • View Profile
    • Camera Bits, Inc.
Re: Can IPTC info added in PM be seen by Microsoft One Drive or Photos
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 04:06:21 PM »
A friend is trying PM. He uses the Microsoft OneDrive to store his pictures. Of the IPTC fields with entered information only the Caption is showing. Are there settings, either in PM or in the Microsoft app, that will allow other data fields (Headline, People, etc.) to show?

Also, Microsoft Photos doesn't even show the Caption, so same basic question.

I have no idea.  Maybe one of the forum users will have some suggestions.

I can tell you that PM uses industry-standard methods and formats for adding/updating metadata for image files.

-Kirk

Offline rcohn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 07:54:18 AM »
Thank Kirk, perhaps someone else will have personal experience, particularly with storing images on Microsoft's cloud service. Maybe there is a setting that can be changed? However, if you don't know I suspect it's a limitation of the Microsoft cloud service and photo editing program as to what metadata they are programmed to show. The cloud service only shows the Description along with creation date and some camera settings. Key info missing for an online storage view includes Persons Shown, Headline and Location.

Offline Ernesto

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 11:27:02 PM »
I publish a lot of photos from soccer matches on OneDrive and checked, which data you can access in OneDrive:
It seems, that OneDrive
  a) keeps the tags of the photos
  b) adds some own tags (by AI?)
  c) keeps the GPS information
  d) keeps EXIF data (camera type, date and time, focal length and shutter time)
I can't see other IPTC or EXIF data in OneDrive web interface or App, but I think, that the data (caption, copyright, ....) will still be present.